My Fabby Week-End!
Okay I KNOW y'all are going to kill me but I forgot my camera. It was charging and I just walked right out of the house without it. So... I will try to show you my week-end with some pictures "borrowed" from the internet. The Southeastern Wildlife Expedition was going on while we were there. Jack Hanna was a guest. What I thought was so neat was EVERYONE brought their dogs, mostly big dogs. We saw one pug and a few other medium sized dogs but no "lap dogs". Labs were the most prevalent. I didn't see any dog poop (and yes I was looking) I wonder who gets that wonderful job????

We enjoyed some shopping on King Street. Can I just say that I may sound like a nerd or whatever but Urban Outfitters is the WEIRDEST store I have ever been in. Bizarre.
We ate lunch at the Mellow Mushroom (best steak pizza EVER) and yeah I got drunk and might have drunk texted a few persons. I am not supposed to text anymore but Stacy knew he was gettin' some later so he didn't care *snicker*

For our (rather late) dinner I had seafood pasta....

While Stacy had some delectible Prime Rib


We had the best cupcakes in the World at CUPCAKE at $30 per dozen they are pricey but man are they good and the variety. If you EVER get to King Street you have to try one.


Oh and here is our hotel... it was nice, the harbor view was gorgeous!


Somehow Madison screwed up the resolution on my computer when she was doing online play-doh puzzles and it is driving me NUTS! Happy Presidents Day all and I hope you had a great week-end as well!


Also last... but NOT least go give my friend BRAD some love and take part in his cool new "Ask Brad the Stay At Home Dad". His instructions are"

Please submit questions in the following format:

Dear Brad the Stay At Home Dad,

*Your question here*

Signed,

Your name or anonymous

All you have to do to get started is think of a burning question you have always wanted to ask and email me at bradegel@comcast.net (Please submit questions by email only and not through the comments section of this blog)

If you choose to remain anonymous I will never breach that confidentiality agreement.

I will also let you know if your question has been selected and give you a heads up so you know to look for your answer and the discussion that follows.

Brad is a great picture taker and a very entertaining writer (as well as a Nascar Fan) and has the cutest son, Sammy, as well as a Beautiful Wife and his Mom is the sweetest lady ever! Go Visit Brad!
31 comments:

Sounds like a wonderful weekend...the beautiful wife would likely kill for one of those pricey cupcakes :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

mellow mushroom? that's the coolest friggin name for a restaurant i ever heard! seriously. oh i would have fit right in with my lab, pouncer! i am sooo jealous of your romantic weekend, girlie. sounds like it was a blast!

oh and SECOND bishes! where the heck is everybody?

:)

maria

Hi! First time visitor to your blog... sent over by Jessica at Foster Communications. She said that you were in South Carolina... and I will be visiting upstate to Greenville this coming weekend. What can you tell me good about SC? I would love to hear (considering moving there from Iowa). Have a great day and thanks for letting me visit!

Sounds like a great weekend and I am glad you had a good time.

Now I am hungry for prime rib. Dammit!

Anonymous

Okay...I didn't get a drunk text NOR did I get a cupcake. Fine. My feelings aren't hurt in the least little bit.

That pasta looks yummy so if yours was anything like it... excellent stuff...

4got ur camera.. REALLY!!

hey you coulda got a disposable one from the filling station, surely?

also, commercially bought postcards usually offer superlative versions of local views... esp. difficult to get stuff like the interiors of cathedrals... actually for often less than HALF PRICE of the cost of printing out an actual photo... plus they're not unstable like photos with all the mysterious colour-developing chemicals still in the paper ready to fade and turn on you at the first opportunity...

take care! ;->...

I triple love Urban Outfitters! That store is jam packed with fun stuff. I go to the one at Mall of America. Always can find something, um, "unique."
I'm glad you had a good weekend. But girl, you best bring your camera on your next little adventure. Just sayin' :)

Sounds like you had a ball!!

So happy for you! Sorry you forgot your camera! :(

Thanks for the nice words, too! You're a sweetie!!

Linda
xoxo

Anonymous

That sounds like a FABO weekend!

I'm sorry, I couldn't let you do
all the relaxing this weekend. It
was a good combination though :)

Glad you got to relax. Seafood
pasta YUMMY!

Bradley- Oh they are di-vine. I left some at my MIL's (reluctantly LOL)

ICSCN- Yep you would have fit right in with Pouncer and it is the most delicious pizza I have ever eaten. The decor is... eclectic as well!

Heidi- I will get back to you about SC I promise. My college roomie is from Greenville. Nice area. Oh.. and welcome to my blog!

Mike- Go get some prime rib.. if you're not afraid to that is. I just read about the beef recall. GAH!

Shell- Believe it or not I don't have your # in my phone! I"m sorry!

Gledwood- Oh the pasta was even better than the pic. I love postcards also. Usually get them everywhere I go!

Jessica- Okay now i officially feel like an old fart LOL

Linda- I did and I meant what I said! :)

TMP- Oh it was even better than I wrote. Seriously!

Laurie- Well you deserved a good week-end also. I"m not selfish! :)

So glad to hear you had a great weekend. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. It was well deserved. Those cupcakes sound devine!

What a great weekend - I'm so glad you had a good time and that steak pizza sounds wonderful!! Have a good evening - Kellan

Daisy- Thanks oh the cupcakes are. I'm wishing I had one right now!

Kellan- Thank you. Why is it I seem to get SO excited about food LOL?

Urban Outfitters is a fun store, one of my faves. at the dreaded MOA.

I've stayed there before!! As a matter of fact that is where we used to put up candidates when we would fly them in for interviews. Next time you wanna stay there let me know - If my contacts are still there I can work the rate for ya (maybe.....)

Aw crap! I was really looking forward to the "special" pictures you promised me. See if I let you see my pics anymore. :-(

To bad you forgot the camera. Drunk picutre taking would have been interesting to see LOL

Sounds like you had a great time and a nice place to visit and gain a little weight.

Drunken texting...LOL...I love it!!!

I CANNOT imagine my glee if I ever stepped into a store devoted strictly to cupcakes. Yummmmmm.....

Katie- Maybe I was being rushed by Stacy and didn't appreciate the ambience or something....

Cheeky- I sure wish you were coming to SC soon, I miss you - I need a MN bishes fix STAT

BTE- I had new lingerie and everything :)

Walker- Amen on the weight gain !

Cheryl- Drunk texting is sooo much fun. You can't even imagine the awesomeness that is that cupcake store. I even looked to see if they ship - they don't :(

Patti: How cute: Maddie on the computer and already knows how to access the Play-Doh game!!!!It's worth a few erased files, right? :D

Ahh. . .I wish I couls have seen Jack Hanna. That would have been cool. I am jealous. & that pasta sounds awesome.

oh, looks like a great weekend! I think I want a cupcake now.

Hey, I had a delectable prime rib dinner on the weekend as well. What a coincidence. Maybe we're twins?

Awwww.. Sounds like you had a great time.. Thanks for sharing.. Great post today.. Hope you had a good Presidents Day!

Dang...now I'm all hungry! ;)

I heart the Mellow Mushroom. Had never had it until Miss Piss and I went to Gulf Shores. Good stuff.

Yeah, I was confused when I got your text.

Got your comment on my blog... I left a comment there for you, too, but had to come back and give you a "thank you!" I appreciate the info and just hearing that you really like it in SC. I can't wait to see for myself!

Yo Patti!! Where you be, girl???

No, gasp, pictures??? I may just have to go elsewhere until you get back to normal. Uh, honey, have you heard of disposable cameras? sighhhh.

The weekend sounds fun! (Not that we can know for sure because we can't see it!) and pretty relaxing, too. The food sounds yummy (of course, I wanted to see what you ate, not some canned pic, but...).

OK, I"m done now. :D

The dog poop thing ... is it possible that there were responsible owned-by-dog-types (like ME :D !!!) who carry poop bags with them and actually pick up after their own dogs?

Sounds like a great time! I am so ready to get away...