Day At The Hospital
Rarin' to go! Actually we had to be there before 6 a.m. and I was so sleepy I crawled up in to bed with him and napped for over an hour before a nurse came in.

Whoo hoo aren't those surgical caps just too sexay?! The first old guy who came and wheeled Stacy to the prep room had been with the hospital for 42 years. I wish I would have taken his picture. He was great! I think he put Stacy at ease.

Back in the room with his leg all bundled up in a heavy brace. He can actually walk on it with the brace. Something we were not expecting but are VERY thankful for. NOT that it is easy, it just isn't as hard as we had feared. Does that make sense?

They have this cooler pack thingie hooked up to Stacy's leg and it allows "icing it" without the pain or mess of an ice pack. It's pretty cool. Hah. Pardon the pun!

Last but not least... those damn hospital johnny gowns never fit properly do they? *snort*

*** Just so you know I do have Stacy's permission to post these pics. We laughed and giggled this morning and made the best out of what could have been a miserable day.


Last but not least here he is relaxing at home in his recliner....look at that sweet little face peeping out! Isn't that the cutest little doggie nurse ever?
37 comments:

LOL I love that he let you post these pictures! Especially the one of his bum. Hehehe.

I'm glad that it all went well! Hope the knee heals up quickly!

Gotta love a man that uses a leopard print blankie!

Glad things went well!

The fact that he allowed you to put the ass shot on the interweb makes him my new fave blog hubs. OMG, what a man. That is a damn riot.

Get well, darlin.

Get well soon Stacy!

Oh that's excellent! I LOVE the ass picture!!! That is so nice of him to let you post all these!!! :)

When I went in for my hysterectomy, right after they gave me the "happy juice" shot (you know, the one that makes you all goofy), The PK used his camera phone to take a picture of me with that damn dumb little blue cap on and I am grinning like a complete idiot.

He now uses that image as the wallpaper for his cell phone. I HATE IT!!! ;)

Well, it's good to hear that it all went well and wasn't quite as bad as you thought it was going to be!!! :)

Some of us are terrified by the thought of even walking into a hospital, and this post makes it seem very bearable. (And "bare-able, as in the case of the butt shot!)

Keep up the speedy recovery, Stacy!

Hugs,
Betty

EEEEEKKKKKKKK! Wasn't expecting
that!
So glad all is well. How sweet of
the doggie to be there too.

I was going to say that I thought
he was getting knee surgery and not
a fuzzy thing attatched to his side
I love it when the animals do that
sort of stuff. Makes ya heal faster

Glad that it all turned out well and he is already back home. Amazing what they can do these days.

yikes! stacy's a good sport for letting you post these pics! what a couple of crazies you two are! you must be a crack-up over some beer, chicken wings & vodka!! glad it's over and stacy's on the mend.

:)

maria

Anonymous

Poor boy! At least he has some doggie lovin to make it all better! :)

Glad to hear all is going well. Beer and pizza may speed recovery. I'm not sure, but you never know.

I am glad everything is turning out well for the both of you. Funny how animals know when their masters are not 100 percent. Love the pics!

OMG He is such a good sport!! What a cool dude! (He probably likes that a million chicks are checkin out his bum! LOL just kidding). You two are a riot!!! heheh

Hope Stacy gets back to his old self in no time...I know knee surgery can be really tough. Good thing he's got a wonderful family to take good care of him until he recovers! That little snuggly puppy is so cute!

Anonymous

Awww...puppy nurses are so sweet. Hope his recovery is short and uneventful.

The booty shot is hilarious...he's too cool to let you post that one. He's a hottie fo' sho'!

Isn't it wonderful how dogs lay right next to us when we aren't feeling well.

Oh, and I love the ass shot!!

Anonymous

Was he repairing televisions at the hospital? *snicker*

Jenie- He's a good sport!

Cheeky- Yeah he's um, metrosexual. Yeah that's it!

SFG- Thanks honey

Katie- He's working on it!

Stacy PQ- Ha Ha aren't spouses the best?! Thanks for the get well wishes sweetie!

Betty- Loved your play on words :) Thank you!

Laurie- Learn something new about us didn't you? LOL Reilly is a sweetie pie.

Mike- It really is. I can't tell you how i've dreaded and worried over this and it's gone more smoothly than I imagined.

ICSCN- Oh you have no idea how much fun we can be *snicker*

Pack of 2- Yep nothin' like some furbaby by your side!

Grant- Ha he asked for Coors Lite in is IV. He was turned down of course

Man- Thanks hon, and yes it's true they do seem to know when we aren't feeling our best!

Retro Girl- Yes he is an amazingly good sport LOL Thank you sweetie.

Andie- He's my hottie, for sure. LOL and one heckuva man let me tell you! I'm in awe how well he is doing with this surgery.

Caroline- They truly are our best friends. I thought it would be amusing *wink*

Pat- Nope, nor was he doing any plumbing work *grin*

I cracked up looking at the picture of Stacy's hiney hangin out the damn hospital gown. ;-) When I had my hysterectomy, they gave me two gowns. The first one to open down the back and the second one to go on top of the first but open in the front...sort of like a house coat. He has got to be a good sport and have a fantastic sense of humor to allow you to post that picture on the blog! I can't stop giggling.

I love the leapord blanky and Nurse Snuggle Bug!!

Hope Stacy's feeling good as new in no time. If Man and I ever have the opportunity to meet you in real life, I want to meet Stacy too.

Anonymous

OMG...I just saw your husbands crack. I'm going to have to disinfect the computer now.

Daisy- We absolutely HAVE to meet this spring or summer. Have to. I know we'd have a great time.

Shell- A squirt of Lysol will do the trick!

Patti: You are funny with a camera! I'm glad Stacy has a sense of humor. My knee surgery years ago was brutal!

All My Best to you, Stacy!

Michael- Just be glad I wasn't lurking around with a camera during YOUR surgery!!!!!!!!

NICE ASS !!!! and you know how much i love asses! Speedy recovery Stacy and Patti, thanks for the nice words.

That is hilarious! Love the blankies. Here is to a speedy recovery!

You did have to show his butt cleavage, didn't you? Ewwwwwwww, next time I want it to be yours or I ain't lookin! ;-) Regardless, give Stacy my best and I wish him a full recovery very soon.

I'm glad it went as well as it did and that he is home resting.

Anonymous

Hey, a little warning for the lesbians would have been nice:)

We weren't expecting the boy tush when we dropped by...I hope we don't lose our membership cards for this;0)
heh

Thats cute how the puppy is keeping him warm under the blanket.
Now tell us the truth.
You're under there to aren't you ;)

Isn't it wonderful how our little pets take such good care of us when we are feeling icky! Good boy, Reilly!

giggle! I love the pix, and Stacy is one brave guy letting you take them. Or was he "under the influence"? LOL! Good boy, Stacy!

It looks like your husband is A LOT of fun!!! Leopard blanket and willing to let you post pictures of him in a gaping hospital gown. He's truly a man with a good sense of humor--the best tool in recovering! :)

Glad he's doing okay. Cryo cuffs are really cool (yes, I made the joke too).

But about that hump on his shoulder... why wasn't that removed at the hospital?

Glad it went well! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Simply Me- You are so welcome :) Thanks for the well wishes!

tommie- Thanks Hon!

BTE- Okay, next time it will be my turn for a little show n' tell LOL Thanks for the wishes

Casey- Thank you it really is going MUCH better than expected.

Pack of 2- Sorry girls I guess I should have posted a disclaimer LOL

Bennu- If I tell you - i'd have to kill you *wink*

Lynilu- Nope this was before any drugs were administered - I swear! LOL

Jessica- Yep one of the reasons I married him was his sense of humor. Gotta have one :)

PTwinkie - I had never saw the cryo cuff (as you called it).
I really must speak to the surg about that hump!

Chickie- Thank you sweetie!

Glad to hear that the Big Guy made it through with flying colors! :)

yes nice blankie, you should have painted his toes while he was asleep to x

OMG!..lol Bless his heart.. I hope it was painless as possible.. Tell him to get well soon!

Tigeryogiji- Thanks, he did! I am so proud of him

Shabby Chic- Don't be giving me any ideas LOL LOL LOL

Miss Songbird- Will pass along the message and thank you!