Christmas 2007...


I am GLAD It's over.... and that is all i'm going to say about Christmas this year.


I sure wish I would have taken today off too like Stacy did *sigh*
Next year i'm taking the whole week off as Christmas falls on a Thursday. We had a nice time with his family this past week-end and with my family Monday evening.


It's raining and it's cold and it's going to be one CRAPTASTIC day. It matches my mood perfectly. Madison got everything she wanted and I think she enjoyed it.
Tell me about your Christmas,are you glad it's over with or do you wish it were starting all over again today?
27 comments:

FIRST bishes!!

we had the best christmas we've ever had as a blended family! our girls got everything they wanted for the first time because we were able to afford it AND they deserved it. it was just the four of us, so i felt no pressure about keeping the house clean and/or cooking a lot of food.

good times. truly.

:)

I wish it was starting all over again today. :P But, my hubby would be right there with you in saying that he's glad it's over with.

Hope your day is not craptastic. (I love that word!) And hey...at least it's already Wednesday!

Taking the week off is the best, too bad I didn't do that either.

It was a nice Christmas.

ICSCN- So glad y'all had a wonderful Christmas!

Jenie- Now I have to kill you for that wish LOL No i'm glad you had a good one!

Katie- Glad it was a nice one for you!

I always look forward to Christmas, but I am always so glad when it is over. This year was no exception.

We didn't get much snow for Christmas, but it sure did get cold.

I love the holiday's but it will be nice to get back to "normal" if we even are normal around here.

I had my first ever White Christmas! (not just snow on the ground but it actually snowed).

Mr. Cheeky took today off but he goes back tomorrow.

Yeah Patti, I'm glad it's over too.
I didn't get that one 'gift' that
I wanted. Guess it wasn't something
needed.

It's cold and rainy here too. They
say it's going to clear up so I'm
not holding my breath.

So glad for Madison. She's a little
cutie.

Love to all!

Eh, The PK and I never get each other anything, so it's usually just like any other day to us!

I DID eat like a pig and gain a bunch of weight.....THAT was fun!

Crimbo was pretty cool. Reconnected with friends, stuffed me craw full of calorie ladened goodies, watched Dink go mad with her stash, watched JT ... sleep (infants are rather non-eventful during the holidays).

And today is round *counts in her head* three! Heading to my bro's home in D-Town.

Cheer up, sweetpea.

*hands her a cuppa*

I took the week off ... well 'cept I have to do the payroll tomorrow morning ... but that's it. I love the whole holiday bit ... but am SO glad it's all over now. REALLY glad!

Anonymous

I'm off today but I go in tomorrow. But if it makes you feel any better I'm off today with a cold. A big old snotty coughing cold. Oh the joys of time off and being sick.

I also cooked and burned my thumb. Maybe I do need to go back to work. I seem to be better off there.

Mike- Snow is over-rated (this from someone who has seen one white christmas in 20 yrs! Ha!)

Cheeky- Y'all? Normal? Bwaa haaaa

Laurie- Me neither but that's ok. I've got wicker furniture to put on my front porch,who needs a gamecock rocking chair anyway?

Stacy PQ- Gaining weight always makes you feel better doesn't it? NOT!

Maidy- Glad you had a good Christmas also. Glad SOME people did!

Wendy- I should have taken the whole week. I really should have.I could have been home sobbing in my pillow

Shell- Nope I don't wish a snotty old cold on anyone. Feel better honey!

Pat

I can't even BEGIN to tell you how much I'm glad it's over!

Ahhhh....blessed NORMAL returns.

Whatever normal is...

Pat- Everyone's "normal" is different I guess :)

Hi there. Well, can't say that I'm glad it's over, as I could watch Jayla's reactions to all her stuff, over and over again. I will say that Christmas takes on a whole different light as an adult/parent.

But all in all, it was a nice quiet day.

I called one of my friends this morning and she started singing, "It's over, it's over, it's over - thank God," and then went on to tell me that she is already taking down her tree. It was funny. We had a good Christmas - but I am glad it is over too. Have a good day. Kellan

Neither! I enjoyed it, and it's time for something else! My totally non-materialistic, without-expectation Christmas was perfect. No emotional, physical or financial hangover!

Ahhhhh. :)

Dawn- That's good i'm glad you enjoyed Jayla :)

Kellan- I don't feel quite so much like a scrooge as it seems many others feel the same way!

Lynilu- Sounds like you had a wonderful one!

I wish I'd taken today off as well...I mean they gave us monday and obviously tuesday and I don't want to sound ungrateful but I really needed to be home in bed right now!!!

BEM- Me too girl, me too and then to add insult to injury the boss says to me this a.m. "I thought you were off today". Me: "Well I COULD be!".

We had a great Christmas....the kids really enjoyed it. I am ready to take stuff down, but Husband is really wanting to keep it up!

I have to agree with you, PHEW....glad it's over! I HATE the cleaning up part though!!

Anonymous

I am glad its over because now I can quit running around to get togethers and church functions! Kids had a great one and the 'rents were here so that was nice. Now, if the hubby weren't such a grump I'd be happy. So glad your sweet baby had a good day!

Aw Man! I was looking for pictures of Maddie tearing open Santa's gifts while still in PJ's! I can imagine she had a complete BLAST. Christmas is so magical at her age :) I had a cool Christmas that is the subject of my next BLOG post. Take it easy Patti! You do know the tree has to stay up a while longer!!!:D

It's not over until I am sober. Damn egg nog

tommie- I vote let it stay up for husband, let him enjoy some "normalcy" :)

Nicki- I have NO idea where i'm even putting some of this stuff!

Andie- Thank you, she did have a good day. I'M the grump in my family i'm afraid :(

Michael- You got your wish today. She had on her princess jammies instead of her Christmas ones. Not sure why. Glad you had a nice one!

Walker- Oh lord! I bet you make some killer egg nog as you do everything else!