Happy Turkey Day
Thanksgiving has settled in at chez t*****. Last night I had the best time getting things ready with Carrie, the kids played and ran in and out (but it was okay) and Stacy put up Christmas lights! Every so often he'd ask our opinion and we'd go outside for a look-see. Some of you (what I like to call the white light brigade) may be horrified at our Christmas cheer but we think it's quite festive!
The turkey is roasting slowly in the oven. The giblets & neck and assorted nasty sundry is sitting in the refrigerater waiting Carrie or Kathy's attention tomorrow. I am struggling mightily not to throw it out and claim ignorance. Something about the giblets just turns my stomach. I think because I bit into one in some gravy on a long-ago Thanksgiving and it just - Ack!
I got the double layer pumpkin pies made - Mmmmm so good! How could anything that involves whipped cream, vanilla pudding,cream cheese, pumpkin and shortbread crust NOT be good?
I am going to try and get a little shopping in tomorrow as well. I hope everyone has a blessed fulfilling Thanksgiving and eat all they can hold of their most favorite things. I know the main thing I am thankful in my life is first and foremost my wonderful husband and daughter and the rest of my family and then my wonderful friends.
13 comments:

I have never heard of this double layer pumpkin pie of which you speak... good lord, that sounds decadent.

Happy Thanksgiving Patti. Your pies sound sooooo good. Have a wonderful day with your family.

(((hugs))))

Sounds like you are all set and ready for today.

Happy Thanksgiving

Patti,
May you and your family have a
WONDERFUL Thanksgiving.

I LOVE pumpkin pie. I could eat
that 24/7 along with Pecan.

Wishing the best for you always!

just wanted 2 wish u and yours a happy thanksgiving!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Your pie sounds so yummy!

I want a piece of that double layer pumpkin pie.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING PATTI!!!!!

I am one of the aforementioned white light brigade, but I promise I am not a light snob. There are tons of peeps in my hood that do colorful stuff and I love it. :)

Happy Thanksgiving - down here, it is T minus 6 hours, 41 minutes until the food coma begins. Good times.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING and ummm ITS SNOWING!

Double layer pumpkin pies? That sounds tasty!

You all have a good one.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. See you soon. Kellan

Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving, Patti !

It's always fun to see Chrsitams lights - especially when they are on your own house :) it's so pretty at night when they are lit up.

Lester

I found a great deal of helpful information above!
free online games