Update On Holly
Thank you all for your prayers, happy thoughts and healing vibes - they worked! I took Holly to the vet and she is fine. Well, malnourished but she will be okay. The trembling, falling over and vomiting he said were probably a combination of nerves and being given decent food after starving. She has a hernia on her abdomen but he said he thinks it's been there a long time and won't even require surgery. He said he thinks she is much older than 4 (which I suspected) but I don't care. As many years as she has left will be spent being loved and taken care of. Angel is malnourished as well but she does not look nearly as bad as Holly and she didn't exhibit the same problems that Holly did. She goes in for her check up and shots etc. next week. Holly didn't seem to be in any pain and she behaved very well for him. Her heart checked out fine, no heartworms or parasites or cataracts. She was THOROUGHLY checked out believe me! Yes the pocketbook took a hit but it could have been so much worse and I was/am so very relieved. Now we have to feed the sweet girl and build her back up. Again much thanks to you all. It's been a very very worrisome day. I honestly thought that sweet little dog was going to die last night. It was an awful feeling as if i'd failed before I even really had a chance to begin. Anyway all is well. Y'all have a wonderful splendid week-end!
8 comments:

My work was so busy today that this is the first I have been able to read your blog. I am so happy that Holly is OK. I am so happy that she is with you now to be loved and cared for. You are so wonderful Patti for doing this!!!!

wow! poor little holly-wolly! i'm glad she's doing better. and angel too.

agreed. patti you are such a sweetie for taking care of them. you and your lovely fam have big hearts. bless you guys!

:)

So glad to know you had Holly all checked out at the vet and she will be ok.

We just got home this afternoon from Man's class. Hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous

SO happy to hear the good news!!!

: )

Angie

So happy to hear things aren't too bad.

What does Maddie think of the newest additions?

GAB

Im so glad she's ok. You are a good person to take her in. Give her a big hug from all of us.

I'm SO happy she will be OK!

I rescued a little Yorkie off the street about 3 years ago who weighed 2.5 pounds and his weight should have been 5-6 according to his bone structure. He was such a mess. I couldn't keep him because we already had the legal limit, but our vet called the Yorkie rescue people, and the woman who fostered him also adopted him immediately. Thank the god of little dogs for you, dear Patti-Cake!!

I didn't read any blogs over the weekend so I'm just now finding out what all is going on. I'm so glad she is okay. Now she can live out the rest ofher years knowing what it is like to have a family who loves her.