My Favorite Place We Ate At On Vacation
was Poe's Tavern on neighboring Sullivan's Island. I definitel want to go back there!

It was very cute and quaint but kinda "sinister" too!

the place was crowded when we got there and I now know why. the food was AWESOME. Madison had mac n' cheese and french fried (thin, hand cut fries!). I had drunken chili cheese fries and Stacy & Katie both had the Pit and Pendulum Burger (a bacon cheeseburger). All of the burgers were named after Poe's stories. They were HUGE. Which is why I only got an appetizer but that was way too much also. Definitely a "share" kinda place!
30 comments:

Sounds good! I'm keeping a list of all these good places to eat in case my hubs ever decides to take me down that way!

Told ya it was FAB!!! I used to get burgers from there quite often when we lived there. There burgers are THE BEST!!

Didn't you snitch a shirt from there too? hehe

That was yummy food!

Ooh...sounds awesome! And I love the look from the outside.

BTW - I got your post card Saturday in the mail. Hehe. I need to email you my new address..will do that later today. Thanks for thanking of me while you were on vacation!! I love! postcards!

Sounds yummy! :)

I love places like that. I am so not a chain restaurant type of girl but sadly that is about all we have near my house. Unless you go to the Quarter and spend the equivalent of a car note.

Wendy- This is a definite 'must'!

Cheeky- I plead the 5th!

Katie- and good company :)

Jenie- Uh, I thought about it but I only had the old address at my disposal and I knew you'd get it.. eventually.. hehe.. I do have the new one though.

StacyPQ- It WAS! I'd love to go back.. today!

SFG- Ugh, I hear ya but I still want to go to the Court of Two Sisters!

oooh! i love a good burger. and the writer in me would love to see a restaurant that celebrates the memory of poe.

i also love cheese fries. yum yum.

:)

ICSCN- You would love it there so much! I went home and read the complete works of Poe (home meaning Darlington not IOP i'm not quite that fast a reader!)

After reading your post I am now hungry. I love chili cheese fries. Yum, Yum. Graet, now I am going to have to stop and get some on the way home tonight. :):)

ooh I would love that place, I love Poe stories! They could have a Tell-tale Heart burger, but I guess that would be kind of gross, huh.

I would totally love that place. Wicked!

Caroline- these were drunken chili cheese fries, LOL I think beer was added to the chili! Enjoy!

Sandra- I wish I had taken a pic of the menu but next time I will!

Lelo- It's AWESOME

i would love that place!

ryan- You would! It was so neat!

Looks like a fun place, BUT, nothing I'd eat there. Do they have anything healthy?

OH MY GOD! That place sounds amazing!!! Just the type of place Man and I love!!!

Anonymous

Cool! I love Poe...you didn't get me a shirt did ya? You're all a bunch of vacation bums...I didn't get ONE postcard, drunk phone call or t-shirt. FINE! I see how you all are! You whine that I'm not there and then don't show me the love? :-P

Anonymous

Mmmmm...chili cheese fries and bacon cheeseburger. Heart attack food...yummy.

That looks like so much fun... I love all the neat little islands and shops on the island...

Dammit.. I meant to say places to eat and shop...

Anonymous

I love hamburgers! This would definitely be a place I "need" to visit. And those fries sound divine. Just think, I get to eat a salad for dinner tomorrow night!

Caroline's MG

i wanna go there too.....

That sounds GOOD, Patti ! Uhmmmmm, but all of that stuff sounds yummy when you're on a diet - and I am - ugh. I'm jealous you all got to eat !!!!!!!!!!!

That place looks really cool! I love theme restaurants...the food sounds yummy too!

W.O.W.

Patti: You are TOO funny...taking photos in restaurants. I LOVE IT! :)

BTExpress- Honestly I don't even remember if they offered a salad! Sad.

Daisy- If y'all come down we have to go there!

Shell- I am sorry-I only had about three peeps addresses scribbled in a little notebook from when I sent someting last Valentines Day. I will do better next time-promise!

andie- the best!

sheila- I knew what you meant.. kinda sorta LOL

MG- Welcome! Yay for salads... I think *wink*

flip flop- You would LOVE it!

loving annie- Diet is a 4 letter word LOL

retro girl- It is very unusual. I really really love it.

Tammy- :)

Michael- I have no shame at all!

Good food, good atmosphere is what you need to create a good place for people to come and enjoy and thsi place seems to have it all.

Walker- It does, I am dying to go back!