The Rules:
Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you.
Include the state and country you’re in.
List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location (locally).
Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.
My 5 favorite places to eat locally: Florence, South Carolina
1) Redbone Alley - They have everything from steaks, to ribs, to pasta, to shrimp & grits and everything in between. They are very kid friendly also. The restaurant features an old restored Good Humor Ice Cream Truck that the kids can get a free treat from. My favorite is the Fettucine Mosaic. An alfredo dish that features grilled chicken & grilled shrimp. They Pizza Dip appetizer is wonderful also. Actually I don't think they make a bad dish at this place. Seriously.
2) Carolina Wings & Ribs - The hubs usually gets chicken wings and ribs. They have many, many, many flavors to choose from. I like chicken tenders (I don't eat chicken with bones in it) and they will toss them in any of the wing flavors for you. My favoite is the parmesan garlic. Lip smackin' good!
3) Pam's (actually located in Hartsville,SC)- I am not a fan of buffets. Normally they gross me out and just taste "mass produced". Ick. Not Pam's. I have been here literally hundreds of times and every single it tastes like Grandma cooked it just for the family. The buffet always has bbq pork, fried chicken and then usually either baked ham or turkey. Their pork & rice is yummy as is the cornbread dressing, sweet potato casserole, green beans, sweet corn, biscuits and did I mention the desserts? No banana pudding & jello on this bar. There are pies and cakes and cobblers. You can always have a dish of soft serve ice cream if you are so inclined.
4) Raceway Grill (Darlington,SC) They are renowned for their handcut french fries and huge hamburger steaks. I like their bacon chili cheeseburger as well. This place looks like a dive but it's located right next to the famous Nascar speedway and has long been a favorite of the Drivers on the circuit. Yum.
5) Schlotzskys- This is a chain but oh how I love their sandwiches. The turkey original on sourdough is my fave. Drizzled with a little oil & vinegar and dipped delicately in their signature hot sauce. Mmmmm good. They also have good mini pizzas and their soup and salads aren't bad either.
I'm not tagging anyone since Chickie didn't officially "tag" me but if you want to list your picks in the comments or on your own blog feel free!
Too Salty for my Own Good
8 years ago

Now I'm hungry!
Thanks.
*jots down names*
Cool! Now I know where we can stop next time we go road tripping.
Ta, Patti!
Hmmmmmm, being a Philadelphian, maybe I'll do this meme as well.
Man I LOVE Schlotzskys!!!
We have one close to the house that I had forotten about. I'll be making a stop by there in the next few days.
Thanks for the reminder:)
S
Those sound like awesome places. Good cookin', it sounds like! :-)
Ya know...here in the 'burbs (aka sticks) outside Chicago...I can't name any places that are not Chain restaurants, here, that are that great. All they have here is hotdogs (eww! Cancer in a bun), italian beef sandwiches (eww) and pizza drippy with wayyyyy too much sauce. ICK.
I miss the food in Kentucky, and Cincinnati wayyy more.
Schlotsky's...based in Austin, Texas.
Just saying...there's more than bulls and BBQ in TX.
YUM, now I must find something to eat....
Delicious post now I am hungry.
My favorite place to eat is Moms :)
Did someone say ribs? Yum! :)
Thanks for playing! Mmmm, I love Schlotzskys but they don't have one near me! :(
Ooo...love Schlotzsky's. They have a good veggie pizza on their sourdough that is so good.
Post a Comment