Poor Baby

Here is my darling Reilly. He was neutered yesterday because of a condition he has that makes it very likely he would contract testicular cancer if I did not have the procedure done. So, even though I hated to see my poor little guy like this I bit the bullet and did it. He came through surgery just fine and they let me pick him up after 4:30 pm. Here he is relaxing in his new leopard doggie bed that Santa brought him. I covered him with a towel because he was shivering so (despite his bed being lined with sherpa) and I was afraid to use something big like a blanket because he is so small I was afraid he'd get tangled up and hurt himself. He seemed much more relaxed and was able to doze a little when I put him to bed and covered him. I feel so much better. Maybe now he'll actually use his bed since it's been such a comfort to him tonight. Why is it so hard and stressful when your child or pet is ailing?
17 comments:

aww poor thing! i have 2 dogs and i totally agree with ya my mom would 2.

thanx 4 the well wishes while i was sick havin great friends out in blog land sure helps! kisses!

Awww, poor pup. I hate when mine pets are not well.

Ooo...I feel for the both of you...you for worrying and Reilly for the "snip-snip"!

I dropped Jezebel off at the vets at 7:30 this morning...but I can't pick her back up until tomorrow after 9 AM. I am going to miss her SO MUCH tonight when I get home from work!!!

Well, thank goodness Reilly's surgery went well...dogs are amazingly resilient critters...they bounce back so fast! :)

hmmm....well having his nuts cut off is probably stressful for Reilly too.....it would bother me as I am fond of mine being attached.....
Jus teasin you sweetie, he'll be fine. Just put the little jewels in a clear jar on the mantle where he can remember them.

That's why I have Ali neutered, too. Poor babies. As to why it is so hard for us . . . I think it is hard to be unable to make everything right for them. And it is especially difficult when they can't talk, tell you how/where they hurt. Well, OK, in this circumstance, we KNOW that!! And it is probably just as well for you that he can't talk right now! But you know what I mean.

Tell Reilly that Ali send his commiserations and China says, "They did WHAT?" and sends doggie hugs.

That's a cool towel! It looks extremely soft.

Niiiice, Seven.

Of course it's because you want to make it all better and you can't...sometimes. Poor puppy.

Poor baby. He has such a sad look on his face. I hope he feels better soon and we will say lots of "get well soon" prayers for him.

I had a friend once who had a dog very much like yours. He got testicular cancer and they did nothing about it. That poor dog suffered like you would not believe.

Leopard bed? Reilly is gay? I never knew.

Glad he's feeling better :)

According to Bob Barker, it's always good to neuter pets. Bob is my hero.

Yes, he'll bounce back in no time. You know the old rhyme...

Neuter and Spay
It's the kindest way!

Is Bob Barker still alive?

xwy

Just explain it to him this way...he can now hump whatever he likes without fearing the outcome...at least that's how one of my friends describes his vasectomy!

Hope Reilly & Mom are feeling better.

We just had a doggie death in the family. (not Duke!) MT pulled a forgotten baggie of treats out of his guitar case tonight and almost lost it. It's hard when they're sick or hurting.

Reilly will be so much healthier now! You did the right thing, even though it was hard to see him down.

Poor baby. Hope he'll feel better soon!

Awww poor little guy. At least he'll be happy and healthy now. He'll be back to running and jumping in no time....poor little sweet puppy!!

I love that you tucked him under a little blankie.

Pat

It's stressful because it takes "normal" away, even for a little while. And we love our normal.

He looks so cute in his bed, covered up like that!