Clean Plate.. Slate.. whatever... :)
Today is the second day of January 2007. I am drinking my Slim-Fast Optima that is supposed to control my hunger sufficiently until 11 a.m. I have another one for lunch. I have made myself a little ticker at the top of my blog (in case you didn't notice it) and my goal is to lose 39 lbs by mid-April. Stacy says I don't need to lose that much. My plan is to drink a slim fast for breakfast & lunch, allow myself one diet soda mid-morning and drink water for the rest of the day until I leave work. Once home I can have diet soda (my weakness) and eat a small portion of whatever we're having for supper and I have some 98% fat free popcorn to snack on if I get the urge in the evening (and I WILL).
The week-ends are "free" but i'm not going to totally pig out hopefully. Wish me luck and any encouraging words or tips are MORE than welcome.
I already want to eat the can the Slim-Fast Optima came in LOL NOT a good sign right? but I am telling myself "You only have to do this for one week" and we'll see how it goes.
One week at a time.
Also in my previous post I LOVED Seven's suggestion that Brett retire and be my own personal Monday morning QB. I could definitely think of some "plays" for us to go over. Hehehe... nothing like naughty thoughts first thing in the morning!
15 comments:
Anonymous

LOL Don't eat the can!

Yay for getting on track. I'm back on Weight Watchers this morning and I'm determined to stay on track again. We can do it!! :) The thing with the slim-fast is just try and drink as much water as you can. It'll help you stay full. And hopefully after a while, you won't constantly think about what you want to eat (I usually do) and it'll get easier! Good luck!
And also, Happy New Year!!

Anonymous

Happy new year and good luck with your diet

Soon as I eat the rest of this box of candy in my desk drawer, I'm dieting! Seriously, I am...I want to lose close to 20 pounds...so it's more exercising for me...I plan on walking my whole lunch hour away.

Those shakes aren't bad...you know what I did with mine? I stuck them in the freezer for a few hours (and I'd go shake them up every half hour or so) and by the time lunchtime came along, it was like drinking a chocolate shake...I loved 'em!

Good luck! :)

xwy

One day at a time, Cakes. I started working with a dietician last week. I swear I will get my extra weight off this year if it kills me!

Hope you loose the weight you want to loose. Drinking water actually helps you loose weight. Drink away. I keep telling Gerbera that beer is 80 percent water!!! Happy New Year and I hope you get all that you need this year!!! :)

funny but dont eat the can. u can do it i just know it and we r all here 2 support u! happy new year girl!

I suggest a mid-morning, mid-afternoon and evening snack of 1 oz of pretzels too. Also get an air popper and pop the popcorn. Spray it with a little buttered flavored spray and sprinkle some salt on it. Then shake it up in a paper bag. It's really very tasty. A lot better than the tasteless microwave stuff. Good luck with the diet. Oh yeah. As an additional incentive, just think about much stamina you'll have when you guys try and beat our "records". ;-)

I'm fixing to hop on the Slim Fast train too. And tuna and cracker kits, yum!

Good luck to you!

Best of luck! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Girl, I feel your pain on the weight loss thing. Hate it.

Anonymous

Yeah. I'm counting points. By 3 p.m., I had 9 1/2 points left and I was STARVING.

This is going to take some getting used to.

Anonymous

Yahooooooo for the Packers beating the Bears...for you.

And my neighbors.

I kinda didn't pay attention.

Oooouuuu, good luck, girl! Think slim, think slim, think slim! You'll do it, but don't be impatient!

Good Luck
Good Luck
Good Luck
I need to loose a total of 60 pounds this year so by June I guess I would love to have lost 30 of it.

In this particular case, don't listen to Stacy. Only you know how much you need to lose to feel good. But I think this SlimFast diet is too unsatisfying...way to tempting to cheat. You have to have some substance to feel satisfied, otherwise it's not a lifesytle change, it's simply a yo-yo diet.