It's Beginning To Look Alot Like .....
Well I finally finished decorating the Christmas Tree. We got it before Stacy got so sick (btw he passed the stone around 4am Saturday morning so all your prayers,good wishes,chants & cheers are greatly appreciated. They worked!). It's a beautiful Frasier Fir and smells wonderful.I don't do a "theme" tree. All of my ornaments have "meaning" of some sort.
This ornament is Madison's first picture with Santa. But how cool is it that Santa was her very own "Pop" (aka my Dad aka he-who-bakes-birthday-cakes-from-scratch).

I bought this ornament at the Festival of Lights in 2004. Could I have picked a more perfect one? The footie PJ's, the pigtails and you can't read it but the bottom says "Warning: I climb christmas trees". I hit the nail on the head and she wasn't even 8 wks old when I bought the ornament!

Now we move onto our stockings which I have hung by the chimney (not) with care.
Here is Madison's. She just got this one last year because the year before she had the 'obligatory' baby's first Christmas one. It was cute and it was monogrammed also. We'll keep it as a memento. I heart this one and hope she keeps it always.

This is Stacy's stocking. My Mother bought it for him when we first got married. When he saw it for the first time he scratched his head, looked mightily puzzled and said "Why's mine a Tater?" (that means potato for those of you who don't speak southern"). I of course, screamed with laughter. I said "It's a reindeer. Don't you see the antlers?". To this day the poor stocking is called "Tater". It does hold much lootage though.

My stocking is exiled to it's own little corner because "it doesn't go with anything else". It, however spoke volumes to me in the store and had to come home with me. I love it. So .... me.


***** Don't forget about sending me your address - See my Sunday post below.
12 comments:

glad he passed his stone. the tree and all looks nice. i love this time of year.

OMG...I want a tater sack...why didn't I think of that! Doh!

Anonymous

LOL I love all of your stockings! (Yours is the best though!) Glad to see someone's getting around to decorating, because I sure haven't! :)

Happy Monday!

I LOVE your stocking and that "tater" one is GREAT!

I am glad Stacy is on the road to recovery. Or is that "back to being human"? Those stones are just awful.

I love the stockings! Yours is like I would probably buy for myself also! OK, I gotta post pictures of my own, that is all there is to it!

Glad for Stacey's (and yours) sake that he is feeling better. I was thinking about what he was going to do when you go out of town if he still wasn't feeling good.

Love your stockings. We have just basic stockings, but I love them.

i like those stockings. can i wear them with boots. would that look to funny.

Anonymous

I LOVE your stocking!!!

A tater...hee hee...men.

Ahem, does Reilly have a stocking or is he going to have to pee on your presents to remind you?

Looks great, ummm I don't suppose you want to do mine now, maybe ... no ... ah its ok, the cats will help by eating the tinsle. :)

I heart your ornaments. I have a family tree too. I first started out with a theme tree, but decided I wanted one where we could put all of our family stuff on it.

Your stocking is so cute.

Anonymous

Your stockings are lovely