It's Finally Friday



This is the dress I was going to have Maddie's two year pictures done in but i've changed my mind. She is a cute child, the dress is a pretty dress but it's not a match. I think if she had more hair it would be. She looks best in pigtails and she wouldn't let me put pigtails in that morning and they wouldn't have worked with the dress anyway. Why am I blogging about this? I have no idea. You men especially are probably snoozing already. WAKE UP DAMMIT!
I talked to my old boss this morning, he told me "Chin Up". He knew it would be hard. It IS hard. So.Very.Hard. I didnt' want to walk through the doors of Crying Cow Bank this morning. This place is in such upheaval. We just sold off a signicant division to another big bank and changes are in the wind. I hate not knowing. I have an alternate plan if I do lose my job but i'm just ready to get on with it. I know we'll have at least 30 days if they do lay off but 30 days from when? Aughhh... I HATE the waiting game. O
25 comments:

Ah, frilly socks! I love frilly socks!

Oh the waiting game sucks - been there done that - but at least you do have a back up plan.

LOVE the dress - too cute....think the teenage daughter would let me dress her up like that again? hehe

xwy

Hey, that's my couch...and my carpet...Cakes are you living in my house?????? lol.

Played the waiting game too many times to count. Just be thankful you have a back up plan!

Anonymous

During my professional life, the concept that I taught everyone (clients as well as those I supervised) is the one about change. Change is never easy. Even when it is something you want (and you didn't want this one, so it's even harder), there is a tendency to push against it, because on the other side of change is . . . THE UNKNOWN. I've fought that, getting myself out of this house. Look back on your life. Is there a life event that you feared that really turned out worse when all is said and done? Probalby not. So look forward with as much calm as possible. You have a safety net in place. Don't stress yourself!! Besides, we are all going with you, wherever you go!! Big, deep breath. Exhale. Ahhhhhhh.

If you lose your job, will you leave with dignity or pitch a fit and set the place on fire on your way out? Get pictures if you go with option B.

Working at a bank is a lot like working on a pirate ship. You never know when another cannonball is going to blast through your window and sink your ship. Mergers and acquisitions, it's all just management-speak for loot and booty.

Lee

transitions are always sucky...waiting is the worst, you are right on with that....hope it works out...love Maddie's dress and I really love the green in the foyer :) only another hour and you can celebrate the week being done!!

Unfortunately most major companies or corporations are going through the merger/aquisition thing...it sucks. It's nerve wracking too. I went from being 1 of 66 employess, then we were sold, and I was 1 of 900 employees. Then we were sold. I went to being 1 of 95,000 employees!! YIKES. They started cutting fringe benefits, bonuses, closing offices (Then I quit, and moved away, so I didn't give a damn anymore lol).

Just always have a plan B and C up your sleeve, "just in case" and put a few bucks back...that's the best plan. Meanwhile, stick it out with an open mind---you never know. Even at that "evil company" i worked for -- some people got upgraded to better job titles and pay! not all of them got canned or the shaft...So hang in there sista!

Adorable dress! I love the colors. But if it isn't working for you, it isn't working for you. I understand clothing dilemmas!!!!!

Chin up, huh? Maybe if they prop it up with several stacks of $100.00 bills, right?

Baby looks mighty cute!

Super cute dress...I know what you mean about matching. Not Maddie..I just mean I know what you mean.

I also understand what you're saying about work. From the other side though. I used to work on the merger and acquisition training team for my bank. We'd go out and train all acquired employees...and they knew they weren't guaranteed a job. I couldn't take it anymore...too hard to watch. Obviously not as hard as wondering...

I hope it all calms down soon.

Hey Patti-Cake: What a cutie! I was laughing hysterically over the bit about the pigtails and how she wouldn't allow you to fix them!!!! Very cool!!! Believe it or not I have a friend who asked me to come over and help her decide what to donate to Goodwill. She became upset when I spotted the same shoes your daughter has on in that photo and I got an earful! I wound up leaving, because the more I laughed the more she yelled. I waved goodbye and left the apartment in stitches! A laugh attack can be lethal! I just found it funny that a 37 year-old woman had a pair. They do look cool on your daughter! But on my friend? you had to be there! lol!!!

Anonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Your daughter is adorable and I LOVE the dress!!!

you have a lovely daughter and she reminds me of my grand daughter when she was small.

I think the dress is really really cute!

Are your walls lime green?

Yes my walls are sort of lime green. Okay the ARE lime green. Don't hate ;)
and I have a pumpkin orange bathroom too

No hate for lime green here; love ya like always.
It would make me think about drinking margaritas though...;)

I have odd and quirky tastes and a very tolerant husband LOL
I am not supposed to blab about this yet but we are looking at two historical homes to purchase and i'm already FULL of ideas for them. I don't think the historical society can restrict what you can do inside but i'll for sure find out before we buy.

OMG....as an architect I have very radical views on the Hysterical Societies...my pet name for them...they can cause sooo MUCH trouble over a collection of old boards....don't get me started!

Waiting sucks.
Don't think about it, if layoffs hit you their loss.

HEY I like the dress.
She is cute.

Anonymous

She looks so cute she could wear anything.
I think its the unknown thats scary.Once we know whats going on we can deal with it.

I want that dress, I would totally wear that!!

Anonymous

OK...is that like a green apple green in the entryway I see??? Totally cool! I wish I was more brave in my paint colors...that looks fabulous!