
As soon as Stacy gets home after 5 we will be packing up and heading down to Summerville for a big family get-together tomorrow so I thought i'd go ahead and wish all of you a Happy 4th of July. May you eat plenty of good food and enjoy pretty, sparkly fireworks!
I am raising my hand for the "dumbass of the day" award. There is a pool in our backyard. A large pool, not a kiddie pool, filled with sparkling clean blue water. So why am I laying on a freaking lounge chair melting in a pool of my own sweat. Wait, I forgot the old maxim, "Southern girls don't Sweat, we Glisten".
Okay, why am I glistening my ass off in near hundred degree heat? Because I am a moron who doesn't want to get her hair wet in the pool and the kids will splash me cos' they are rotten 6-11 year olds! I can't stand a swim cap either so I guess i'll just wrap this up and go glisten some more!

Good lord woman, forget about getting your hair wet, just get in the damn pool...your hair aint gonna be worth squat if you've got dehydration is it?? lol
I tell you what...I have a thing about even getting into swimsuits, but when the heat hits that high, and I'm glistening buckets, nothing would stop me from getting into a pool in my own back yard lol
oh, and I forget to mention what an obviously fabulous Stacy man you have there...a new desktop? how wonderful!
Happy 4th of July to you!
I agree. If you're sweating your hair can't look that great....dive in!
Happy 4th, Cakes. Hope you, Stacy & Maddie have a wonderful, safe day!
Oh Just jump in and enjoy it.
I bet you just love getting wet :)
Happy Forth of July
It's hot here. I've been glistening like a pig.
jump in that pool girl! You are gonna glisten to death!
Happy 4th.
Shelly
Boy, hot is everywhere. Yuck. In the scheme of life, comfort is much more important and lasting than a hairdo, girlfriend! Get cool!
I say swim and enjoy, cool off and have a blast while you can! Life's too short!! (Maybe a cute pink bandana can be put on like a kerchief afterward if you're self conscious about the 'Do?...) I wish we still had a pool!! (We had a huge one at our old house in KY, with a huge deck---great entertaining space. Now...no pool in Chicago...boohoo!)
Amen to the Glisten - I forgot how much I glistened until I got here today....hehehe
SO, did you have the best time ever or what, hon? :-)
Well i hoped you had second thoughts and said to hell with my hair and jumped in the pool.
Very nice site! »
Enjoyed a lot! »
Post a Comment