Just the three of us
Here is me, Stacy & Madison at the photo/sketch booth at ChuckECheese. Doesn't Madison have the skinniest long legs? We call them her noodles. She amazes me everyday how big she is getting. I think she is going to have the sweetest southern accent. She already says "dah-per" for diaper. Everybody altogether now "Awwww..... ". I know - MomBlog alert! I can't help it! This has been the best Mothers Day. I can't wait until she can make me things in school. I will treasure them. I don't know how Mom's of only sons feel but I love having a daughter. I always said I wouldn't know what to do with a boy. I always dreamed of a daughter, the Mother/Daughter dresses, her playing with baby dolls & dressing her up.
10 comments:

I loved it when my daughter was little and sweet (before the teenage years kicked in) but my son is way more affectionate than she was. He still is. And what he says is heart felt. We are very close. I am gonna be sad when he gets to old to "snuggle with mom"

When I was younger and wanted a child I always wanted a boy because I never knew what to do with little girly girls. Then one of my friends asked me what I would do if I had a girly boy. I'm guessing that would have had it's own set of issues.;)

Angie

Ha Haaaa Angie you crack me up. You guys are good pet parents - make that awesome pet parents. Funny enough I prefer boy pets. Go figure.

If you had a boy, you could still put him in dresses. I'd rather have a boy, because girls attract boys, and I know how rotten they can be. The main difference is that girls attract trouble, whereas boys go out and cause trouble, so with boys at least the damage is done in the homes of others. Plus you get to save on makeup.

I have to say I'm thankful my parents insisted I use correct English (they allowed the Southern accent, but they didn't want me to pickup the locals' way of misusing words). I grew up in rural Kentucky, where people pronounce the "ah" sound (as in On) like an "oh" sound (as in Won't), plus "ain't" was very popular.

I don't intend to let her sound like something out of Deliverance but her little southern accent is cute! She also has a "froggy" voice. I don't know how else to explain it. She's never said "Da Da" she's always called Stacy "Da-Dee" and I am "Mumma". You didn't ask for all of this did you? LOL

BTW Where the hell is everybody at today or are you just lurking? I know this post is boring but jeez!

xwy

Cakes - I'll admit it...I lurked today. Basically, because I have no kids and didn't really have much to add to the conversation. I still love ya though!!

Awww thanks Ang! Feelin' the luv

Well, I don't have any little peanuts of my own, but it's funny that you mention not being able to imagine having a baby boy. Girls I work with that have had all boys say :"I couldn't imagine trying to raise a little girl! I wouldn't know what to do with her!"

Those raising little girls say "I can't imagine what I'd do if I had a baby boy!! I wouldn't know what to do with a boy!!"

;)

I just think a mom is a mom...regardless of the baby's gender. If it's of your flesh and blood, you'd KNOW exactly how to raise and love and nuture him/her! ;)

I love my girl ... and I know I'd do fine with a boy too ... but, ... I'm so happy I have a girl. It was so much fun dressing her up when she was little. Well, she's still little, but now she has to be 'fashionable' ... and well, it's just not the same. I am very close with my daughter, and I hope we always will be. We talk about EVERYTHING. (well, appropriate things of course!)

Anonymous

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»