Peep! Peep!
My post about Easter Candy led me to think about Easter's past. Do any of you remember when they used to sell Easter Peeps (or Chicks) at the dime store and dye them green & pink? One time my brother Mike rode his bicycle from Williamsport to Montoursville (about 12 miles I guess) to get us some peeps for Easter. He tied the cardboard box to the back of his bike and set off for home not realizing one of his captives had escaped. Yes this hardy, brave little peep rode all the way back to Williamsport clinging for dear life to the back of Mike's bicycle seat. We lived in the city but when the peeps & ducks (we also got ducklings several times for Easter) got bigger we took them to a friend's farm "Mr. Red". He boarded our horses for us so we always got to visit our peeps & ducks when we went riding on Sunday afternoons. We also got bunnies several times but my personal favorite was always the peeps.
Madison is still too little but when she gets older we will probably get her a bunny for Easter. I don't think you can get peeps or ducks anymore and I don't think the peeps or ducks would enjoy being terrorized by our cats. I really want to go all out on the holidays for Maddie like my parents did for me. Maybe next year I will cut out cardboard bunny feet and dip them in talcum powder and make bunny tracks in the house on Easter Morning. ~Hop~Hop~Hop~
2 comments:

I always loved easter as a kid - my kids aren't that into it...I think the idea of the talcum powder and bunny feet is too cute!

I love the talc idea! My aunt and I used to take my brother down into the basement of a building near her house and tell him that's where the Easter Bunny lived. It was always dark and there was a contstant whirring of compressors and furnaces, but it never scared him. He thought it was some special Easter machinery. We'd drop Hershey's kisses around the floor and when he'd find them he'd look up at us and say "He was HERE! RIGHT HERE!" It was so cute.