Childhood Memories



Ahhh... memories..of the way...we were. I grew up in a mid-sized city in North Central Pennsylvania. Williamsport,PA home of the Little League World Series. When I was born we lived in East End (where my Dad was born & raised it is very ethnic, italian,irish,polish) but when I was 3 we moved up to Newberry (much more affluent neighborhood) and I LOVED that house on Diamond Street. In fact I still wish somehow, some day that I could buy that house and stay in it part time. I still dream about that house. I don't know why exactly. It was an old Victorian built in the 1800's with a huge attic & basement and a "summer kitchen". For those of you who do not know what a summer kitchen is, it is an adjacent room where huge blocks of ice were loaded from wagons and the perishable foodstuffs were stored there and also the cooking was done there and if there was a fire the rest of the house was not in as much jeapordy. Inside the house was a regular kitchen, pantry, diningroom, livingroom, tv room & sewing room. Upstairs was four bedrooms and one huge bathroom with a big clawfoot tub. The doors locked with big ornate skeleton keys. Oh it was a great house for hide n' seek! My parents sold if when they moved down South. I don't even want to know the price because i'm sure it's less than what I paid for my last car. I had a really happy childhood. Things seem so innocent from back then. I can only hope Madison has at least half as good a childhood as I had. Here is a picture of me & my sister Bonnie playing in the side yard can you guess which one is me?
4 comments:

I think you're the little one???

Me too!!! The little one! :)

no, tch, easy peasy, you're in the tin bath!!

Anonymous

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »