
That is what Stacy calls me. A Fashion Bug. It always makes me giggle. Yes I love clothes and shoes and accessories.
Friday I was in a rather large meeting and the woman next to me I recognized as a transplant from our former Milwaukee Center. She made the comment to me "I love your skirt, you always dress so well and look great!" I just smiled and thanked her but it got me thinking.
If she only knew. I get alot of my clothes from yardsales, thrift shops, eBay, Clearance racks etc. I bet she would never guess that in a million years.
I do know how to put myself together though. I know what colors/cuts suit me. I know how to mix accessories and which shoes look good. I am not afraid to be "bold". I love bright colors, chunky jewelry, animal prints etc... I have an eye for detail. My Momma always taught me that the "little things" count. A certain seam, a type of fastener, whether something is "lined" etc. Always look at the details in a piece of clothing or shoes.
Also "less is more". That is my credo. I live and die by it.
Madison, her credo "the more I can pile on and not fall down".
I am hoping she will watch and learn from her Fashion Bug Momma!
Friday I was in a rather large meeting and the woman next to me I recognized as a transplant from our former Milwaukee Center. She made the comment to me "I love your skirt, you always dress so well and look great!" I just smiled and thanked her but it got me thinking.
If she only knew. I get alot of my clothes from yardsales, thrift shops, eBay, Clearance racks etc. I bet she would never guess that in a million years.
I do know how to put myself together though. I know what colors/cuts suit me. I know how to mix accessories and which shoes look good. I am not afraid to be "bold". I love bright colors, chunky jewelry, animal prints etc... I have an eye for detail. My Momma always taught me that the "little things" count. A certain seam, a type of fastener, whether something is "lined" etc. Always look at the details in a piece of clothing or shoes.
Also "less is more". That is my credo. I live and die by it.
Madison, her credo "the more I can pile on and not fall down".
I am hoping she will watch and learn from her Fashion Bug Momma!

It's hard for me to find the right
colors that fit both of my skin
tones. Also, it's hard to find the
right fit for me since I gained all
that weight years ago :(
HUGS!!!!!!!
I'm sure little Madison will be just like you. I'm finding it's amazing how girls pay attention to their mommy's. Everytime I pull out a new outfit...Abby has to look and feel it...she notices! We better watch out:)
Hope ya had a nice weekend!
Laurie- Oh I dressed well even when I used to be 300+ lbs. It can be done! Bet I could dress ya!
Chelle- I hope she does too. My older sister who spends time with her always says "She is you up and down, her actions, things she says" Tickles me to DEATH!
I think instinctively Madison will copy your ability to know what looks good on her as she grows up. That sense of style is rare, and so nice to see when someone knows what flatters them and how to put an outfit together nicely.
I love throwing an outfit together from wherever and having it all work.
Just tell Stacy you're a "Fashion Artist" and you are the canvas ;)
I know what fits and is clean. My coworkers should just be thankful I don't show up naked.
We're the same on this one Patti - I have a closet full of Ann Taylor and really good labels, all second-hand and consignment shop finds. My mistake is that when I get a compliment, I don't just accept it like you did, I always blurt out, "Thanks, I paid $4 for this!!!" I gotta stop doing that.
I agree with the "less is more".
Honey. I couldn't care any less abotu fashion. I like my clothes, I have nice stuff, but I hate to shop. I am stingy. I spend more on the kids and the hubby than myself.
hey d'you know that book Color Me Beautiful?... if so, what do you think of it?... + what season are you?
I'm Autumn btw
;->...
Finding deals that rock is great! What is even better is getting a compliment, and knowing you spent next to nothing on it!
:)
Annie- Thank you I hope she does too!
Bella- Me too!
Walker- I like that!
Grant- Uh yeah. I'm with ya on that one! LOL
Sandra- Just smile and say "Thanks" ;)
Daisy- VERY good rule!
Andie- but I don't spend alot and I get great deals for them too. If not for me the hubs would NEVER wear Ralph Lauren believe me. He could care LESS!
Gledwood- No but I do know i'm Autumn also!
TMP- Guess we were posting at the same time! Yes you are so RIGHT!
I'm not good at putting things together at all. I rely on my girlfriend to send me all her hand me downs and I can put things together then!! I fear my daughter is not so good at putting things together either!!
Nothing wrong with working your talent, girl! I am thrilled my oldest knows how to put outfits together and work her accessories. I've even started consulting with her when I have special occasions.
We're still waiting on the dormant gene in my 9 year old daughter to kick in, though. I think we need to pray.
*Blushing* Thank you.....darlin. Your comment made my day.
I'm sending you my sizes then and you can shop for me too! lol.
I need help in that department. I can usually pick a decent color but my friends tell me I never wear anything that fits. I'm horrible and I know it.
So when you come see me you're picking out new work clothes for me.
I love finding the right piece of clothing at the right price!!! I try and be fashionable, but am also frugal...so I LOVE the thrift store and the clearance racks too!
I wish I had the patience to shop like that. I shop like a guy. I see a mannequin, point to it and have them wrap it up. It's sad really. But I will shoe and bag shop all day long.
Ahh, a kindred spirit! And NOTHING beats a clearance rack. Nothing! ;)
Madison and Alexis seem to be cut from the same cloth - tee hee!
Have a good Tuesday - look pretty! Kellan
Like you, I'm not afraid of "gently worn" clothing! And I'm laughing at Sandra's comment, because I tend to do that, as well! What is that all about?? LOL!!
Patti: That's very Cool! I'm still laughing at your photograph of a shoe you bought! The late Peter Jennings used to collect his ties from garage sales and thrift shops. Classy is always in--just like you, Patti! :)
thrift shops etc are great , I always think let someone else pay full price , and I will buy it for a fraction of the price!
Hi Fashion Bug!
What a cute name your daughter gave you!!!
I am playing catch up this weekend! Reading your posts since the last time I commented.
(((((( HUGS ))))))
Post a Comment