Silly Selfish Stupid Me

Got alot to to do before Sunday. Have to make up 15 small baskets for Madison's pre-school class. Boil eggs and color them to hide. Might sneak a few candy filled ones in there too since Mom doesn't like boiled eggs. Ick. Have to make up and hide Madison's basket (real excited about that) and maybe find a way to put "bunny tracks" in the house if it won't be too messy.
27 comments:
Anonymous

All I have to say about being selfish is my Boyfriend better show up Thursday night with a carton of those chocolate covered marshmallow eggs or he's sleeping on the couch! Is that a little selfish?

Your husband has an STD and is getting paid for it?! And all you can think about is an Easter basket?!

LOL at Shell's comment.

It's not bad to want a little something for yourself. Glad we can be here for these little confessions. :P

What's wrong with wanting to wake up Easter morning with an Easter basket?

And really, where else can you say what you think and feel?? That's what we're here for.

Anonymous

There is nothing wrong with wanting one... But then again reality is sometimes not exactly what we want...

I am having easter at my house... So (we) I need to get the eggs filled with candy and coin and dollar bills (there are 3 kids, and 2 are "too old" for coins--according to my son) and get their easter baskets filled and hid.... And cook, clean and all that jazz!!

Hope you have a fantastic easter anyhow!!!

Shell- We are two of a kind girlfriend!

PTwinkie- Gotta have priorities, it's one "basket" or the other and with the STD and all....

Jenie- and I do treasure y'all. See I show all my sides, warts & all.

Daisy- I believe i'll make myself up one and tell Maddie the Easter Bunny asked her to hide it for him hehe... that'll do the trick!
Thank you. I appreciate y'all more than you know!

Man - No-o-o-o I was thinking cardboard cut-out feet and powder... the raisinets are HILARIOUS. I'll save those for when she's older!!!

TMP- Oh this was just a blip and a feeling sorry for myself moment. I've already got a plan. Your Easter sounds exciting! Enjoy!

Anonymous

I want a basket too! But alas I won't get one. Oh well. Not real excited about Easter since the Easter Bunny was revealed at my house....thanks to my DH. Geez.

What Jenie said.

I think it's a nice idea to make up a little basket to have Maddie hide. She'd probably love being the Easter Bunny's helper!

I wanna help color eggs!

andie- Oh I will do the basket thing as long as Madison lives with me LOL

Chickie- Yep she loves to help believe me and we both benefit

Katie- I wish you could be here!

The little baskets sound like fun...and you're not selfish, I still get Easter Baskets from my husband and my parents...Us southern girls like our tradition no matter how old we get! Plus...as long as the kids are taken care of first...ours is just icing on the cake..right?
Have a great Easter!!!

Patti: You selfish? Ha! YOU ROCK KIDDO! PARTY ON! I would cut out rabbit feet on colored paper and place them on the floor leading to the basket. Maybe a few boiled and colored eggs and a whole lot of Chocolate ones? You are cool Patti!:D

All I have to say is after this Lent if hubs does not have about 27,000 Reese eggs and about 14 pepperoni pizzas, it will be war.

Chelle- True I would never put a basket for me above a basket for her :)

Michael- Now that is an even less messy idea - I love it! Thank you, you make my day with your sweet nature Michael. Always something good and positive to say

SFG- Oh my gah i'd love to be there to see it!

I wish I was there to help ya with
the baskets.
YUCK the smell of boiled eggs!
That is one thing that turns a
perfectly good tummy bad.

Try baby powder for bunny prints.
It should come up when vacuumed.

HUGS!

Laurie- I can't stand the smell of boiled eggs either. Thanks for the tip! Hug back!

Oh, maybe the Easter Bunny will surprise you, Sweetie - I hope so!!

Have a good day - Kellan

baskets for the whole class... whew! and i used to think providing birthday cupcakes for a whole class was a lot. phfft! that was nothing!

sounds like a lot of fun!

:)

~m

Kellan- I'll make my own surprise :)

Namaste- I do tend to go overboard sometimes

:lol

STD??

Okay.. Hope you somehow can get a basket..lol
Happy Easter!

Anonymous

We have a candy drawer in the kitchen yr round so the easter basket is not something we do.

maybe you could get a candy drawer this yr instead:)

Miss Songbird- STd = short term disability (for his knee surgery) LOL

Pack of 2- Okay my mind is the one in the gutter because I keep reading candy drawers LOL

Ok, glad you cleared up the meaning of STD!!!!! he he he he

I'd like an Easter basket too. You know I'm all for kids having fun but can't adults get some treats too? I mean, give a girl a chocolate egg ya know?! :)

Jessica- That's what I'M talkin' about! Amen sister!

Well, I certainly understand. My mother always used to give me the greatest gifts for each holiday. Although she's been gone for many years, I feel sorry for myself when the Easter Bunny doesn't bring me anything!

I do hope he doesn't forget you, though.....

Hugs,
Betty

The job of a parent is not an easier one but its filled with love paid for in smiles

That doesn't sound selfish to me... how can you not look back and remember fondly things you look forward to. Maybe you just need a July Basket of special candies to look forward to.

I didn't get my Stover eggs. :( But I did find 3 Muskateers Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bites. They were divine.
~S