Finally an Update
Boy it seems like FOREVER since my last post on Wednesday evening. As you can see I made it through just fine. It was an ordeal, more dizziness and nausea than I even let on to Stacy but I toughed it out with the help of my pain meds. I took twice as many as I was supposed to every two hours instead of four. Yeah it was that bad. I think things to do with your ears/head etc just are worse for some reason. Anyway i'm doing much better on this Monday than I was on Friday! Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment *snort*
Me before I went under the knife. Don't I look SO brave ha ha!

I really did have some sweet nurses but they had trouble running my IV and blew a vein .. twice. There was blood on the walls and the floor. Ack. Isn't this a lovely souvenier to remind me?
Nurse Bonnie drew a smiley face when she finally got the IV ran successfully. Cute!

Riding home from the hospital with what Stacy and I jokingly call my "nut cup" over my ear. Fashionable!

Saturday I received the most GORGEOUS bouquet of flowers from DAISY AND MANBLOGGER Thank y'all so much. You don't know what that means to me and how much it brightened my whole.. well week! I smile every time I look at them. I took some pics and will download those this week. I definitely want you to see how beautiful they are.
27 comments:

So glad it is over and you are home recovering! I hope you feel better soon.

Glad things are feeling better.

I have to admit I laughed at the "nut cup" *snort*

Aww that was too sweet of Daisy and the man!

When ya going back to work woman??!! hehe

Oh Patti, you poor thing - what a horrible bruise from the blown i.v. !
As long as surgery was succesful - and you are slowly on the mend and on the way to feeling better - I think the 'nut cup' is quite the fasion statement instead of the traditional elf ears :)

Glad you got such gorgoeus flowers too ! Very nice to know so many people care - and put it into action !!

((hugs))
Loving Annie

I'm glad you are feeling better. And glad you had plenty of pain meds to help you deal!

And I hate to do it, but OMG! That pic is too funny...and nut cup! I'm dying here! lol

So glad to see you back too!

UGH, glad it's over! Here's to feeling better!

oh girlie! (((((HUGS)))))

i am so glad you're doing ok. your pictures look startling to me. wowee sorry to read you were in so much pain. but i'm glad you're home safe and sound in your own bed. i'm sure stacy and maddie are glad to have you back. welcome home to the blogs!

:)

I'm glad to hear it all went well.
It's to bad about the pain but great about the pain killers.

I'm sure you are happy to be home with your loved ones.

Anonymous

Glad you are back...and feeling better. That bruise is gnarly looking...ouch. Hang in there and keep us posted. Hugs to ya!

Get better--especially that arm! Yikes!
Licks from Wink,
L

Hi Patti, I am glad you came through it alright. Glad you liked the flowers. :) Hecktic here at work so this is a short one... Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Holy crap! I can't believe your arm.

Glad you're feeling better!

Ouch ouch ouch!!! I am so glad to see an update from you though - you have been on my mind. Rest up and get better!!!!!!!

Oh, good, you're on the road to recovery! Not that picture of you with the "nut cup" (I love that!!), is the meds or is Stacy's driving that bad. You look terrified!! And goodness that bruised arm!!! Did you say it was a student nurse??? Rest, rest, rest while you can! When do you have to ... uh, I don't even want to say it ... hmmm, quit resting at home? :)

So glad all is alright. I wish you
a speedy recovery.

So glad all is well Patti!! Nut cup huh? I only men wore those? (snort!)

That arm looks so ouchy, my gosh! But you are a goddess of bravery in my book, for getting through it AND for posting pics! Can you tell if you hear better yet or will that take a while?

Anonymous

Ok...got a little woozy looking at the bloody arm.

I'm glad it's over for you. Pain meds are our friends.

I am SO glad you're home and the surgery is behind you. OH*WOW!!! That is a horrible looking bruise. You poor thing. The "nut cup" made me crack up!!!! You're so funny!!! ;-)

Glad you liked the flowers.

I am so glad that you are doing OK. I was thinking of you all last week and hoping you were OK.

Oh.Dear.God on your poor arm. I can only imagine how bad that felt.

(((hugs)))

My gosh, that blew out vein looks damn nasty..

Glad your home safe and sound..

Damn, I don't come here for a while and what do I find? I girl with a cool ear muff.

I hope you have quick recovery and get back to your naughty way very soon.

Sorry I haven't been around to even know you were having surgery! I am so glad all went well though. Love the nut cup! Your IV looks like mine did when I had Jaykeb. Yucky!

Oh my God...I cannot believe your vein blew out...twice! I'd have passed right out if that'd happened to me!!! Blech.

I didn't even know you were having surgery done...I have been SUCh a horrible blogger lately!!! Hope you're feeling better!

Dude, the blown veins. I so needed more warning than that. OMG.

Glad you are home and feeling better. :)

So glad you are feeling a bit better and are home safe and sound. *HUGS* Sorry about that blown vein thing...I always have problems with nurses getting IV's too and wind up with battered/bruised arms. It sux!!

Hope you are feeling like your old self very soon! Beautiful flowers!! What great friends!

Oh man. "nut cup" I can't quit laughing! I'm crying.

Okay, I've regained my composure. Glad that you made it through okay! Your poor arm though!