Go ahead and tell me: "I'm a freak of nature. Nobody decorates THAT much for HALLOWEEN." "Are you a devil worshipper?" "You decorate for Halloween like some people decorate for Christmas". I've heard it all! (for the record I go overboard at Christmas too!). Hey my kid loves it and so do the neighborhood kiddies.
Here are the lights we have outside on the deck. They are blurry. Sorry. They are candy corn lights in the middle of the deck and pumpkin scarecrow lights on both sides. Jack O' Lantern lights in the area over the steps. The neon pumpkins on the steps came from K-Mart last year. They are battery operated.

You can't see (again, blurry - sorry) but the lights above spell out Happy Halloween. The pumpkins on the wicker couch are Stacy,Me and Maddie. You can barely see Maddie pumpkin peeking out!

My requisite Halloween Flag!

"Old School" plastic halloween light-ups. They are getting scarcer and scarcer to find. Can you see my cat Brett "supervising" off to the right :)

Here is the Mark Roberts Fairy on my front door. I heart her. I am just starting my Mark Roberts Collection. I love them! She is a larger one although I normally collect the smaller fairies with the poseable legs.

A close-up - isn't she a wicked beauty!

My entrance hallway. I love this fiber optic pumpkin! I've had these terra cotta pumpkin candleholders for YEARS. Don't hate on that snazzy wallpaper either *snort* It's gotta go eventually.

Here is my collection of witches shoes on top of my Curio. I HATE this freaking border. Hate it. It will be changed.

Festivity abounds atop the Telly!

This is Maddie's pumpkin purse I bought her at Cracker Barrel. She wanted a decoration to put out too so I figure it's safe hanging here!

This little guy is here to greet you as you come into the livingroom. Trick or Treat!
35 comments:

Very cool.

yyyaaaayyyyy! i'm FIRST to comment! shows what a loser i am, browsing blogs all hours of the morning.

ok patti this is a LOT of decorating for halloween. but it's GREAT if you love it. and more importantly madison and the neighborhood kiddies love it! i usually only put up a poster picture of a witch and spider to encourage the trick or treaters. but i might put up some lights thanks to you patti.

:)

dagnammit! foiled by katie and her short comment!

:)

Looks good Patti.

And I will SO be directing hubs to your blog so he can see I am NOT out of control, thankyouverymuch.

I heart your deck. Send your man over to build one for me. Tell him I'll feed him lots.

How cute! I love halloween too...my fave holiday! (It really was, back home in Lexington, when we had fun costume parties to go to!) I don't decorate quite as much as I used to....

Was that white sand under the deck?!! (*Jealous pangs of southern/beach envy*)

LOL I had a southwest border in my first house that was FUGLY and it took me awhile to get it off and paint...they glued it on with super glue or something too! lol

Looks cool to me.
All it says is that you like to decorate for the season and the stores are all loaded up here for it this time of the year

Oh my God...that's my dream home! I ADORE your decorations...Halloween is my most FAVORITE holiday!!! :)

I have Halloween decs a plenty as well. Not as much as you do I dont think, I have more fall/thanksgiving/halloween hard to explain but like orange leave garland, orange lights, pumpkins that closed are only resin pumpkins then you can open them where they are split and they turn into jack o lanterns, 6 foot glowining skeleton with strobelight eyes...but im not decorating this year as we are moving around the 30th...you can bet your bottom I will be going all out for christmas this year though! Your place looks great and I love the fairy on the door, I swear my aunt had one like that up year round on her basement door...her sister and herself think they are witches, for real not joking..they think they are kinda like the lady on the show Bewitched though, not a brew making finger eating witch...!!

Anonymous

I've got Halloween decorations but no time to put them out. Come over and drag them out for me, okay? They're buried under all the Christmas ornaments that the movers just threw in my closet.

I love your decorations and your love for Halloween. My cousin's favorite holiday is Halloween. She used to always have a Halloween party and decorate to the nines!!!! You and her should get together to compare decorations.

LOVE IT!! Come do mine?

I love it all, but the witches shoes are my favorite! Very cool!

This is very cool! I like it. I have a feeling that our house will be looking quite festive soon as we get further into the month. Caroline is like a little kid with her love of holiday decorations! It's quite endearing.

I love that witch on your front door where did you get her from?

Hey you don't mess around when you decorate/celebrate a holiday, do you??? I like the door witch and the froo-froo ghost on the TV best!

Patti: You are so cool! This is the Best Halloween House I have seen in my life! And of course I have an idea that Maddie inspired some of it, right? WONDERFUL! :D)!

That is too cool for words. I love it! The pumkin purse KILLS me. You make me smile,,,, THANK you... I needed it!

Anonymous

I absouletly LOVE decorating for Halloween. Don't do much as Christmas, but I don't know why. We have a 5 ft. tall Frankenstein that dances and sings...I just adore him. It is sooo funny to watch the kids when they see him. I always decorate the porch and play scary Halloween music. I think your decorations are the best!

Wow...you win the "I decorated my house the best for Halloween" award...

It makes my little paper skeleton that we hang on the door look silly...lol


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Anonymous

Incredible.

I must admit I am quite jealous. Halloween decorating in my house consists of candy wrappers on the breakfast counter. If I only had your patience, I might get a pumpkin or two.

Wow, you have to be the cool mom on the block. Kids everywhere wish you were their neighbor!!

Anonymous

Holy cow.

You. are amazing.

Anonymous

It's too bad, really, that you don't enjoy Halloween much...

/sarcasm

Katie- thanks!

ICSCN- That's okay that Katie beat you with her short comment! Go ahead and go all out I say!

Man- Thanks, Hon. U been busy?

SFG- Send him on and i'll relay the message to hubs LOL

Retro Girl- I despise that border Ack.

Walker- Thank you!

Stacy PQ- Gee thanks! :) :) :)

HMM- Your aunties are brujas? Witches ROCK!

Shell- If we lived closer I would totally decorate for you!

Daisy- Aw she'd probably best me!

Cheeky- I'd love to be able to come to MN and decorate for you!

Jenie- My Mom and I both have a thing for witches shoes and candy corn motifs :)

Sheryl- Decorations just make you smile and feel good!

BEM- She is a Mark Roberts Fairy I sent you a website where you can find dealers near you :)

Lynuilu- I am a woman who takes my decorating very seriously!

Michael- Thanks and yes, it's all for Maddie :) She has to walk outside every night and look at it.

Sheila- VERY glad to make you smile and aren't you in TX this week? That should be reason to smile also

andie- Ooh I bet your Frankenstein is TOO COOL!

Bradley- Nope your skeleton matters just as much as my over abundance. Decorations are decorations at least you did something!

Maidy- At least get the kiddos a couple of pumpkins! Please!

worksformom- I wish!

KW- Borrowing your catch-phrase, Pshaw :)

do you have the orange and black totes to store all that stuff in?? a few years ago I started getting the holiday theme colored rubbermaid tubs. Totally makes it look so much neater in the attic.

This is so totally fun!!! I'm glad you enjoy the holiday and that you have so many things to surround yourself with to make it a fun time.

The kids and I decorated last Friday and we had such a great time! I love looking at all our stuff. :)

I love how you go all out for all the holidays. I keep trying to warn Sheryl that just because we are no longer using the a/c Oct-Dec that does not mean our electricity bill will go down. I don't think she realizes how many decorations I have for the holidays. She will soon....:)

Holey Mackeroly!! That is alot of decorating! You are far too patient! LOL! We have a few things out. I hate to put it all away again ... so I keep that in mind!

Anonymous

Wow...your going to shame me into putting out my stuff!

tommiea- Yes I do have some orange and black totes!

Casey- Me too it just cheers me up

Caroline- Indeed she will but she will love it too!

Tammy- Some people think just because you love Halloween *sigh*

Wendy- I must admit Stacy does most of the "grunt" work LOL

Suzan- Do it! Do it! Do it! (peer pressure dont'cha know?!)

wow look at you already decorated!

Looks good!

Anonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Oh, I love the big purple witch shoe!
~S

I love your Halloween Fairy... the one on the door right? I guess I thought she was a witch cuz of the pointed hat, so I wasn't sure if that's what you meant. What a great design. Really fun. And I love the colorful pumpkins on the front steps! You have so many unique Halloween decorations! You have been collecting for years!

And to answer your question... it's human to want, and wanting to be rich is normal and human and I admire the honesty of anyone who just comes right out and says it!
~S :)