Well the stars/chart is not working worth a damn. We even tried offering her double and then TRIPLE stars if she just made it through one night. Not happening. This morning she came in after 5 a.m. (we get up at 6). I told her "You have less than an hour to go, if you go back to your bed you'll get the stars" but she climbed up anyway. *sigh* She wanted "me" to take her to Carrie's instead of her Daddy and threw my whole schedule out of whack LOL I couldn't find the shoes I wanted to wear. I hate it when little stuff like that happens. I had to "settle" on a pair of sandals. I wasn't late for work though but I am not happy with these shoes.
I know we are probably in for a fight tonight but Miss Madison IS going to bed at 8pm. She has not wanted to go to bed lately and she's tired and irritable. I know she's not getting enough sleep. Time to put our foot down I guess. I can do it (keep repeating to self).

I so feel you. Maybe we can find a boot camp to send them to together.
Wow...it's not working? I thought for sure it would...bribes always worked so well for my nieces and nephews!
I know what you mean about throwing your schedule out of whack...sometimes things like that happen to me and even if it's something small, it can mess up my whole friggin' day!
Well, good luch...stay strong...you can do it! :)
Of course, I meant "good luck".
Too much rum last night!
"but Miss Madison IS going..." lol uh huh yeah right... lol lol lol
Sounds like it is time to lay down the law. It's kind of like tough love in a way.
I feel for ya!!! It is so hard sometimes to be a parent. But I have faith in ya Patti!
I am like you...I hate when little things throw my whole schedule off. And I HATE when I don't have enough time to get ready and am rushing around like a nut.
I had one get up at 5 this morning as well....! Go to sleep will ya!
I am so anal, I lay out my clothes the night before, down to shoes, jewelry, undies, etc. I used to do it because I got up before hubby...now it is just habit and I don't even work anymore....well, work outside of home.
Oh honey been there done that - STILL DOING IT! The man child sleep walks anyway BUT if he is overly tired he does it A LOT!!
Stay strong!
I say you make sugar-free Rum Balls and feed her a couple around 7:30 pm. I'll send you the recipe. :)~
Kami- They would probably single-handedly organize a mutiny!
Stacy PQ- Thanks Hon. She always agrees and loves the idea but when it comes right down to it..... ugh.
Denny - Shaddup ;)
Man- With emphasis on the "tough"
Gerbera- It IS tough being a parent sometimes. And they say the Army is the toughest job you'll ever love *snort*
I think that affects us women more. We get frazzled at little things!
tommiea- I usually plan what i'm wearing in my head but lay it out. Nope. That would make me too "organized" and I might not recognize myself! :)
Cheeky- Trying... trying...
PTwinkie- Don't tempt me!
oh,, I tried that for so many years... Best of luck. I can't tell you how many things I tried with the Abster. Even to this day she will come into my bedroom, get down beside me and stare into my face until I wake up.. it still scares the shit out of me.. Not nice!
I can tell you that once I got her swimming everyday, it wore her butt out and she finally started sleeping...
Maybe y'all need to just totally wear her out. Make her walk, run, and keep moving all evening, so she literally falls into bed...lol. Works with my doggie...lol Does it work with kids? heheh. What about warm milk? lol (wait, isn't that for old folks? lol)
I know, it is frustrating when one or two small things set you back in the morning or throw off your routine. Seems like the whole darn day is outta wack then. Grr. I feel it! Had that day yesterday!
Hope it gets better and better.....and you have a great weekend!
Be strong, Sistah! I just recently cured Bellie of the sneak-into-my-bed syndrome. It involved me taking her back to her bed each time she came in no matter what. I was a very tired girl for a few nights...but they say that it takes three nights to instill the habit. It worked for me. I may catch up on sleep someday....who knows!? But my girl has slept in her bed all night for about 3 weeks now. It's lovely.
P.S....wearing her out totally helps! Good luck!
I hate when I can't get ready for work "right".
Send her my way, I'm up at all hours.
No sleepy, no bueno!
I had it going on while mom was out of town on business. Made it from sunday night to Tuesday with little mrs Megan sleeping in her own bed all night. Picked up Mrs I/O from the airport last night and woke up this morning with a little toe up my nose. So I guess were back at square one. You think bribing her with money will work??? signed, sleepless in Houston
Sheila- We are contemplating putting her in dance. Maybe that will work!
Retro- I've tried wearing her out. She just gets over-tired and even more cranky!
Jenn- I've contemplated that's what I should be doing. Taking her back instead of giving in. Thanks.
Katie- Thanks for the offer! :)
Wendy- It's rough being woken up every night at least twice!
I/O- She's older so maybe $ will work. It doesn't for Maddie.
Be tough hun. In the end you'll be happy with the results :-) In the meantime, we'll talk you down from the bridge :-P
Arlene- Thanks! It's hard to be tough sometimes
Just try to BE and STAY consistent...I know easier said than done...same prob in my house every night at bedtime!! Good Luck!
Here's hoping! :)
HMM- I do know consistency is the key. I'm trying!
Casey- Thanks Hon :)
Telling a child of that age that you'll give her an hour for anything, doesn't register with them. They have no clue what an hour is. Maybe if you counted to ten, that might work, but setting any particular time limit is expecting too much.
Signed,
Dr. Tony
That would drive me batshit. Am I ready for kids?
BTE- She knows when Tom & Jerry go off it's bedtime. She went to bed okay just got in ours later on!
SFG- You are, they're worth it!
My daughter turned 10 this year. Up until that time .. .she had a SEVEN p.m. bed time. She MUST get up at 6 a.m. ... and she needs every ounce of sleep. Consistency is key ... and so are "rules" and breaking of the rules have consequences (no shows, etc) I had to take away a fun thing only once, and from then on out it was all about keeping privledges and earning rewards. Works for us.
You may have to give in and offer her money LOL
Post a Comment