Crabby Mikes
While on our trip to M*yrtle Beach last week we ate at Crabby Mike's which is actually locted in Surfside Beach (between Myrtle Beach and Garden City Beach - confused? Good!).
At $21.95 per person it may sound steep but well, well worth it my friends (as Cheeky can attest). They have over 120 items on their buffet and i'm talking things like boiled shrimp, garlic steamed mussels, steamed oysters, scallops, prime rib, and fresh king crab legs. I only ate mussels, oysters, scallops and crab legs. Stacy ate crab legs and prime rib (lots of both) and two pieces of peanut butter pie for desert. Neither Madison nor Chandler would eat any seafood but as you can see below Maddie enjoyed "helping" Daddy with the crablegs.

This one has a pincer on it! Look out Daddy!

All this eating has me zonked out! Zzzzzzz....

As I mentioned I did enjoy our little beach trip. To me there is nothing more relaxing than laying on the beach with my toes in the sand. What relaxes you the most?
EDIT:
I know some of you laugh at my co-workers but can I just say I am surrounded by FREAKS? There is a guy I work with. Sometime after the New Year (can't remember EXACTLY when) he came out of the closet and began dating another guy who works here. Of course it generated a lot of gossip etc. Well last week or a few weeks ago (again fuzzy on the details) the guy who recently came out was arrested for stalking his estranged wife (Yes people he was married and then came out of the closet) and now she has a restraining order against him and there has been all sorts of drama. I saw him in the Cafe' a minute ago and... he scares me. He has such an intense, scary look/way about him. I can seriously see this guy going postal. *shivers*
29 comments:

How do I like to relax? I like to get good and drunk. Don't matter where. Just as long as I'm drunker than Cooter Brown, it's all good.

There's a guy in my office that I steer clear of. He is always shaking and looks like he could flip any minute now. So I just stay away. He freaks me out.

Yeah getting a buzz is a nice way to relax too. Yeah I would steer clear of him too! Whew!

Anonymous

Yummy! I love some seafood. Although I must say, I've never had quite the dining help that Stacy seems to be getting in the photos. If only I had a cute little dining partner! Hehe. :) She is too freaking cute, but you already know that!

Sorry about creepy guy. What a strange situation....

I agree... there is nothing like the beach! No I don't mean the beaches they think they have here in Texas... I mean the real beaches along the eastern coast. Just perfect!

Jenie- Yep she is SO helpful!

Denny- I've always wondered about the other beaches. Myrtle Beach is pretty awesome but I love the beach on the Gulf in FL also!

The beach works. Or being high on a mountain. Or next to a babbling brook. Or in the forest, deep enough to be away from "civilization" sounds.But perhaps my top is in the middle of the ocean where you can see forever without seeing anything. Seeing nothing allows me to free myself, my thoughts of the clutter and just .... ahhhhhhhhhh. I'm there now. OH! Damn dog just barked and scared me!!

Your baby girl just steals my heart. And there is nothing like that little girl curled up in her daddy's arms. Awwww.

And finally, yes it is weird for us when people "come out of the closet," especially when they've been married. But remember that when people have lived their lives being or trying to be straight, they are confused for a while, and often keep bouncing back and forth in attempt to figure it out themselves. So it is sometimes weird looking, but imagine how it would be to live that. I've watched more than one go through that, and I feel so sorry for them. Not that it explains or excuses other weirdness about them. You have to follow your instincts.

OK, I'm going back to the middle of the sea now. Don't call, don't bother me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That picture of girlie sleeping on Daddy's shoulder is too stinkin cute! How do I relax? Shopping of course. It is relaxing to me. Improves my mood greatly. I also love to watch a good movie or just lay in the recliner on my deck and watch the birds.

Lynilu- I have no problem with him coming out, he just seems to have such issues and he's downright scary. I think he needs some leave time, personally. The Beach ... ah.

Wendy- She does love her Daddy and I love shopping too :)

I want some crab legs now.

You work with some nutjobs.

Kami- I could eat some crablegs again too and yep I work with some doozies!

Places like that are fun to get to eat at, Patti !

That co-worker sounds scary. I hope you aren't around if he does go postal.... Yikes !

$21.95 is CHEAP for a seafood buffet... remember where I live?


Hmmm? Relax? Dare I say, ORGASM.

There, I said it. Zzzzzzzzz.

loving annie - I love casual seafood places. My favorite is the Crab Shack at Tybee Island, GA their lightshades are peach baskets! I've got my eye on him believe me!

Purple Twinkie- Oh wow I would probably faint at LV Prices then. Ahhh yep you did hit on a good one there!

Anonymous

Now I'm hungry!

Spending time with Man or reading a good book relaxes me. I love to go to the shore if for nothing else sitting on a bench on the boardwalk watching the ocean.

Oh yeah, I would steer clear of the weirdo.

Anonymous

So you're talking about seafood when I'm eating a salad? You are so cruel.

What's this relaxing thing you talk of?

Actually I relax when I go drinking with my girls which we are gonna do on Friday! I demanded that it be Mexican because I need a damn margarita.

When did you start working with Carrie and my friend Tom? Oh wait...different company, same type of psychos.

Looky who posted on your blog. ;-)

Pack of 2 - That's my mission in life,to torture people talking about food! :)

Gerbera- I swear we are cosmic twins or something!

Shell- I know *tee hee* I just feel SO special!

Hola Mrs. Cake just wanted to stop by and say hi. I like the shore also. I dislike seafood though. I think you must attract weirdos or something um never mind. I hope your day was not too painful. I worked my butt off today. Talk to you laters.

Patti-Cake: Maddie is so cool!

The beach is my dream place to relax :-) But since I can't always get there...I'd have to say on the patio, near my garden when it's nice outside...

That Dude(ette?) sounds like a socio-path...just keep a small-work-smile on and get by and away from him quick LOL. I hear ya on working with Psychos...I hired a girl that was all sweet and nice in the interview and then once she was there, became this evil psycho witch...(long story but she was the Devil I tell you!)

Man, I miss the beach. Sigh.

I love the beach, but I also love gardening - and that is very relaxing to me. I pretend, while deadheading, that I'm popping off the heads of those who annoy me. LOL! It'll be awhile here before it's beach weather. I do love scallops and fish, but not crabs/lobster and slimey oysters. Ick!!

Listen to your gut ... steer clear of people who creep you out. He obviously has some issues -- and I'm NOT referring to his coming out.

wow, 2 extreme days. Maddie sure looks adorable in those crabby legs pics. Your coWorker sounds like a movie.......a scary movie!

Anonymous

Yum. Crab legs.

Man- You like the shore but dislike seafood... o-kay :) Seriously I know other people like that too. Me, I could live and eat at the Beach every day. I have oft said I am a "freak magnet". Don't work so hard today - oh wait you only work half a day if any on Friday's right? :P

Michael - SHE thinks she's cool also! Thanks

Retro Girl- Ah another beach fan. I hear ya! Yep i've worked with people like that. They present their best possible side but when hired.. look out! *makes sign of cross*

SFG - I know you do. You're a fewllow beach-girl :)

Wendy- Ooh GREAT idea. I'll have to use that one when i'm working in the flowers. Pop a head off here and there, bury this one. Yeah it'll work for me! I ALWAYS listen to my instincts. Always.

Simply Me (or is it Bunny Girl?)- Maddie is a cutie but a handful. There is always something going on here at crying Cow Bank.

Kept Woman - I LOVES me some crab legs... I could eat them every week

What relaxes me? Being in the bed with clean sheets and my computer!

Whoa, your coworkers sound seriously wacky. Remember, when he goes postal, don't be a hero, just hide under your desk.

Anonymous

Looks a great eating place