Sad News and Good News

Sadly Stacy's Uncle passed away yesterday so I will be leaving work at Noon tomorrow and won't be here Friday. There will be no blog entry from me for Friday. He was a good man, full of high spirits and he loved children and they loved him. He would ride Maddie in his wheelchair and give her lollipops. He was in bad shape after having a leg amputated Christmas Eve two years ago and two weeks ago developed bronchitis which turned into pneumonia and led to his final hospitilization. While in the hospital he had a heart attack and then his large intestine burst and he developed massive infection. That poor man endured enough in my opinion. He will be greatly missed by his devoted family. Rest in Peace Uncle Richard. I hope you and Rob (my FIL who passed away last December and was his baby brother) are "pitching" for breakfast once again...
22 comments:

My condolences to you and the rest of the Patti_cake family...I know it's hard losing such a good person but he's at peace now.

And I'm glad to hear you got an offer on a new position at CCB. Must be a load off your shoulders, huh?

Anonymous

I'm sorry to hear that about Stacy's uncle. But yes, it does sound like he endured enough. Sending some good thoughts your way, babe.

And congratulations on the new position! Now you can just focus on that awesome house. :)

Lee

I'm sorry about y'all loss Patti, but that is great news about your job...I've been in that situation a few times and the waiting is tough! Y'all travel safely :)

Congratulations Cakes. I'm happy for you. Give Stacy and the rest of the family a hug for us all.

Oh please give Stacy a great big HUG

Congrats on the new position! Woohoo!!! I know what its like to worry about your job (I may be doing that soon).

xwy

My condolences to you and your family. It is hard to lose such a loving member of the family.

Congrats on your new position!

I am so sorry about Stacy's uncle. My thoughts are with your family. Like you said--he's no longer suffering. *HUGS Tight* *Sayin a prayer*

See--what'd I tell ya--Hang in there, it'll all work out! Woohoo! Congrats on the new job position! Next achievement--That House! It'll happen...I am convinced. Positive thinking my friend :-) Gotta believe....

Congrats!

So very sorry for your loss. :(

I happy for you that your jobs worry has ended, but sad that Stacy's uncle passed away. My condolences.

That is terrible news, and I'm very sorry to hear it. I hope you don't suffer too much through this.

My grandma got pneumonia often, and we always thought she'd probably die from it. Usually it causes a heart attack. But we were wrong - She went off her blood thinners and had a terrible stroke. There was nothing they could do for her and they let her die peacefully with lots of morphine (which stops the breathing function) 2 days after Christmas, 2004.

Anonymous

Then I am happy and sad, yet, happy for you and the Uncle.

Did that make sense?

Seriously...what the hell is wrong with me? I'm tearing up for the Uncle like I knew him. Anywhoo, it's tough for us to say they're in a better place when we selfishly still want them here.

Pat

Sorry to hear about your family's loss. But you're right, sounds like he endured more than anyone should have to.

What the heck is Crying Cow Bank? Is that for real?

Congrats on the job offer.

I assume you're buying us all lunch?

So, does that mean you get away from the halitosis guy?

Sorry to hear about the uncle.

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Thoughts and prayers to you and Stacy.

On a happier note, glad to hear your good news about your new position though.

Oh, I'm sorry Patticake. That's sad news, and I hope your husband is ok.

But .. congrats on the new job!

Aw, so sorry to hear about uncle richard.

Shelly

Sorry about your lossd but the good news is AWESOME news...wish I could ay the same.

Sorry about the unc. That is tough.

Thank goodness about the job. Lordy, what stress.

I am so sorry to hear about Stacey's Uncle. Sounds like he was in a lot of pain and I am sure he is in a much better place, pain free now. Will be sending you lots of good thoughts the next couple of days.

Sorry about Stacey's uncle. That sort of thing is always hard.

Yay on the good news though!

Patti-Cake and Stacy: I send you heartfelt condolences. Truly. lol!

--Michael

I'm sorry for your loss.