Food for thought
Please note the elegant plastic menus and formica booths. Also the mural of Nascar Winston Cup Drivers behind me & Stacy. I was able to name every single one. Stacy was impressed :)


Since it was his last night w/ us Chandler wanted to eat at Raceway Grill. Raceway Grill is a hole-in-the-wall right outside the big ol' Darlington Raceway here in lovely Darlington, South Carolina. Lots of Nascar Drivers eat at the Grill when they are in town. The hamburger steak is awesome (the size of a dinner platter) and the french fries, they are hand cut and fresh. I could eat less than 1/4 of my hb steak w/ onions & cheese and about 10 french fries but Chandler & Stacy helpfully took care of the rest! We don't go to Raceway alot, but every so often we crave those handcut fries. Of course we go on Race week-end to be looky-loos On any given Friday or Saturday night be prepared to WAIT because this is a popular place. So... if you are ever in Darlington now you know where to eat!

BIG HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BLOG BUDDY CHEEKY
15 comments:

This has nothing to do with your post but I'm responding to your comment on my blog. Patti - that's horrid. It is something out of the movies...or at least at Lifetime movie. I'm so sorry for her..and you. This is just shocking...to me even.

xwy

Oooo, the famous Darlington hamburger steak. It's funny how there's a favorite food at every racetrack.

And I don't blame you one bit for being a looky-loo! Have a great weekend!

Not being a car race fan (unless I am being chased by a cop) I'd go for the burgers.
They sound great.
If I am down that was ZI will be sure to go.
Those dives who make everything by hand have better food than those fancy places that use sauce to decorate a plate rather than make the fork full of food the put in one serving taste better.
Have a nice weekend

Anonymous

Im a race car fan and i'd love to visit there one day .It even has good food even better.

How's the tempura there? :p

Sounds yummy...sometimes good old fashioned american "diner" style food is the best, and most comforting!! I'm a french-fry addict...those sound tasty!

Sometimes those little hole in the wall, out of the way places have THE BEST food!!!

I was able to name every single one. Stacy was impressed :)

I do the same thing with The Peanut King...only with us, I can name damn near every fish in the ocean (the "sporting fish" that is...;)

And yes, some of those little hole in the wall places have terrific food! ;)

hey, I hope you 2 are as happy as you look in that picture. Cute!

I love french fries. They are their own food group.

YUMMY! The food sounds great!

Angie

Sounds like delicious food. BTW..who is the little guy? YOu may have said in previous posts, but I forgot. HOpe you had a great weekend.

Anonymous

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous