Books


I admit it I am a book 'Ho. I have always loved to read ever since I was a wee girlchild. I had the Nancy Drew books but I liked Trixie Belden even better. I also found (thanks eBay) a bunch of Cricket Magazines circa early 1970's. I used to subscribe to Cricket and loved it, it's not the same anymore. I did look at one in the library the other day. I was disappointed. Why do things have to change and seldom for the better? What were your favorite childhood books magazines? Have they changed over the years for the better or worse?
6 comments:

Yes, I'm a book 'ho too!

When I was a kid, it was more like Charlie Brown comic books and Hilight Magazines....then as I got older and my older brothers tastes started wearing off on me, I got into horror and science fiction/fantasy books. The first book I ever bought with my own money was a paperback about giant spiders taking over the world. I bought it off my brother at a garage sale my parents were having...for a dime. :)

I read Sports Illustrated and Sport Magazine cover to cover till they had holes in them. Also my parents copies of Look and Life.
For books; baseball! Hank Aaarn auto bio; Mickey Mantle autobio...and more baseball books!
Kinda shallow I guess...but I know a lot about baseball!

If you're a book Ho what am I with 4000 in my book cases and thats after I cleaned them out.
I started with Louis L'Amour western books and have the whole set now. They have not changed primarilly because he is dead LOL
But his son does write but no where near what his old man did.
I think over the years as the authors change and take over for retired writers they tend to bring their own style in and comform to the new generation.

Oh I LOVE to read! I started reading Nancy Drew in the second grade and I have been hooked ever since.

As I got older my tastes changed a bit. I love a good mystery or horror novel. In my teenage years into early adulthood Stephen King was the master.

Now I really like John Grisham (the legal stuff) and since recently being introduced to The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons I am really into those kinds of books now. The ones that are fiction but have those things that make you say hmmmmm.

Trixi Belden, The Dana Girls, Cherry Ames...Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys..Loved them all...I would reread them all in a heartbeat! I miss them. Stacie

Anonymous